Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

coconut oil for weight loss

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:41 AM
  • 20 Replies

i started using coconut oil a week and a half ago to as a weight loss suppliment and i have lost about 8lbs!!!!! its amazing! has anyone else ever tried coconut oil? did it work for you?

something you need to know b4 you use coconut oil is tat its a detoxifier, so if you eat too much it will make you sick, you have to work yourself into it start with a teaspoon a day for a week and then two so on, if you eat 4 tablespoons in one day like i did without knowing better your body starts doing a crazy detox and you will be puking your guts out for 2 days! so start small!!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
01.Amey.07
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:43 AM

How do you "use" it? We have a tub but we use on DD's dry skin..... 

mrs.olmstead
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:46 AM

i add a tablespoon to my cokkee in the mornings and to other things during the day, it has to be organic virgin coconut oil, i dont know if they make other stuff lol but thats what i was told!

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

01.Amey.07
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM

How does that taste? Coconut oil in coffee? I'm kinda surprised it helped you loose weight bc we were told to use it in my DD's food to make her gain weight!

Quoting mrs.olmstead:

i add a tablespoon to my cokkee in the mornings and to other things during the day, it has to be organic virgin coconut oil, i dont know if they make other stuff lol but thats what i was told!

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

mrs.olmstead
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:50 AM

i like it and im not really a fan of coconut generally, its not over powering like youd expect. as for gaining weight, ive never heard that, i did alot of research and there are lots of coconut oil diets online and my mom did it too. maybeits bc shes little?? some people assume that it makes you gain bc its a fat but from what i have read its a good fat... i dont completely get it but it works!

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

How does that taste? Coconut oil in coffee? I'm kinda surprised it helped you loose weight bc we were told to use it in my DD's food to make her gain weight!

Quoting mrs.olmstead:

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

AUTHORofFICTION
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM

I use coconut oil religiously. It is great for your body.

I WRITE BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO LEGALLY KILL SOMEONE.       

01.Amey.07
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:54 AM

I don't know why they requested her using it. I did a brief google and found many sites claiming how great CO is! Gonna give it a try too.

Quoting mrs.olmstead:

i like it and im not really a fan of coconut generally, its not over powering like youd expect. as for gaining weight, ive never heard that, i did alot of research and there are lots of coconut oil diets online and my mom did it too. maybeits bc shes little?? some people assume that it makes you gain bc its a fat but from what i have read its a good fat... i dont completely get it but it works!

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

Quoting mrs.olmstead:

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

mrs.olmstead
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM

yea i have never heard anythign bad about it! its amazing stuff lol

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

I don't know why they requested her using it. I did a brief google and found many sites claiming how great CO is! Gonna give it a try too.

Quoting mrs.olmstead:

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

Quoting mrs.olmstead:

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

loves4mama
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:33 PM

i dont really care for coffee any ideas of what else i could put it in?

Kaybean
by Kayleen on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:57 PM

I've never used coconut oil for weight loss, but I do use it! Its good for many reasons! I use it as a deep conditioner and as a lotion because its great for your skin. You can cook with it just like you would with any other oil. If you want to cook some chicken on the stove or saute up some stir fry or whatever, you can add it in the pan. Even for things like hash browns. Its GREAT for your heart and arteries as well. I bought a big peanut butter sized jar of 100% pure organic coconut oil at the grocery store for like $7.99. It lasts for a long time.

TTC a GIRL? Want a GIRL in the future?
Join this group!!! We share tips and
methods for conceiving that baby girl!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/22322

_mimimosley_
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:01 PM

WHERE CAN I BUY IT? WHAT DOES THE LABLE SAY?

support our troops iraq war military army marines navy air force campaign political america usa united states freedom democratic democrat republican george bushvirgin young girl old button lick lips angel halo good innocent perverse perverted sick gross finger sex funny

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)