Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could use some help moms of asthma kids

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM
  • 6 Replies

Iam no stranger to asthma, I had three other kids with it who grew out of it. I am just looking for remedies and solutions I may not have heard of. I have a nine year old who seems to be taking longer growing out of it. He was adopted his bio mom was a cocaine addict he was born with it as were all my others. So any solid suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Check out my book http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Yes-They-Are-All-Mine/Linda-Dyson/e/9781438909295/?itm=3   You can help save lives check it out !

reading

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aretheyallmine
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM

My cousins kids all have athsma and they take singulair everyday.  She swears by it.

3560498556_09efb5b855-1.jpg picture by mburgerchamp

southernjess3
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:58 AM

my neice has asthma, allergies too..she takes breathing treatments every day, sleeps with a humidifier, takes singulair, and claritin..

01.Amey.07
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Supposedly chiropractors can help children with asthma..... 

momaof8
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:15 AM

we already do that Iam looking for tips I might not know.

Check out my book http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Yes-They-Are-All-Mine/Linda-Dyson/e/9781438909295/?itm=3   You can help save lives check it out !

reading

lizzy-k
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:19 AM

my children takes singulair and asmanex. we have been very lucky with these meds. my children has not had an asthma attack in almost a year and a half.

ILive4This
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Does he have carpet in his room?  It holds triggers...it should be vaccuumed every day at the very least...gotten rid of, if the episodes are bad and/or frequent.  Pillows and mattresses can be encased.  Pets with dander can be a trigger.  Cleaners and scents can be a trigger, as well. Do you have a; peak flow meter?  Check his peak flow frequently...when the values start to go down, an episode could be coming.  A neb treatment, or inhaler should be used.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)