Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mothers of teenagers what would you want you child to do?? EDIT*** update in blue!!!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM
  • 26 Replies

ok so this morning she told me she has decided what to do. she is going to write her mom a note an d give it to her before walking to the bus stop and in it she is going to give her mom and explanation of why she chose to write a note instead of just telling her. also her bf doesnt want her to tell her mom but she told him o well....lol and she isnt going to do it until next week b/c her mom is on her period and well we all know how that can get.   i told her that i wouldnt do it that way but it is her decision. 

i have told her from my point of view what id do if my dd had this problem but just wanting some more advice.  SHE IS 15 YEARS OLD!!!! i went this weekend and bought her a PT. she took it this morning at school...its a positive. she is scared out of her mind to tell her mom. i told her that her and her boyfriend need to get her mom and his dad (odd situation here b/c her mom and his dad started dating after her and him started dating) together and tell them both. that was my opinion. she dont know what to do she is thinking about all these ways to tell her mom. the good thing is she has been with this guy for awhile so we know he wont be going anywhere. so my question is if your daughter was pregnant or your son got a girl pregnant how would you want them to tell you....so far she has thought of a letter(i told her that would be dumb)...straight up tell them.....or call her mom from somewhere else (also dumb i thought)...other options welcome. please help she is so terrified of what her mom is going to say. 

also i was just wondering if what i done was right.....is it wrong for me to buy a friend a PT if she dont have anyone else to get it for her...... i ask b/c there is another girl who is real young that is gonna give me 5 dollars to but one for her this weekend b/c she has absolutely nobody to get her one. she hasnt had her period for 4 months and she looks prego to me....i feel like as the oldest (im 18) and most responsible of the group that i need to help these poor kids....what do you think

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1-teen-mommy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:13 AM

BUMP 

mommy259
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I was 15 when i found out i was prego it was the day after x-mass I waited until a week before my 16th birthday to tell my mom (I was about 2 months along when i told her) Me and my Boyfriend (now DH) just got both of our parents together at a pizza house for dinner and while we were waiting for our dinner we told them we had asked them out for pizza so we could get all them together we then finally told them i was prego it was one of the hardest things for me to do But from my expereince the best thing to do is just be honest and sit them down and tell them face to face!!

raimom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I was a teen mommy and I was terrified of telling my mom. So I did tell her over the phone. lol. I don't even wanna think about that happening with my kids. She needs to tell them for sure but how I really don't know.

btw=my mom was totally supportive of me and didn't flip out. That helped alot. She did tell me that this was my baby and I would be taking care of him. She also encouraged me to get my own place (I was already working full-time). I did finish school too. She would babysit for school and work and thats it.

lillitigator88
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I would say to tell her to get all 4 of them to a nuetral location.. say like a park..   so that  they can all talk and think it out. she needs to tell her mother face to face. but first she needs to get her mind set of what she wants to do! is she gonna keep the baby? 

i think a nuetral location so everybody can be comfortable and doesn't feel as if they are being attacked in there home if they start to argue!

CafeMom Tickers
LaurenM2107
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:17 AM

My kids are still little so maybe my opinion doesn't count that much, but I feel that I'd want them to sit down with me and tell me straight up.

SLGross215
by Sarah on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:17 AM

If it were my daughter I would want her to tell me face to face. Yes I would be disappointed as any parent would be, but I would want to be able to hug her and comfort her and let her know that things will be ok. I know it's hard to do and scary and all of that, but it's the best way IMO. If she's scared of how the parents will react maybe she should have her BF there too for support.

redcandy_cocktailrimmer_2-1.gif picture by SLGross215

southernjess3

just straight up tell them..dont cower out..if you can get yourself in this mess then have the guts  to tell them face to face...thats what i did..

linnet4

there is not easy answer or best way of telling her mom is a sticky situation all around. They should just get her mom and his dad together and tell them in person, they will be scared to death, but if my daughter was in this situation I would want to find out this way..

Lilypie Baby Ticker

1-teen-mommy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:19 AM

yea she is....she is having some major mixed feelings right now. her mom thinks she is a virgin!!! she is all like i already love it and then she freaks out again

Quoting lillitigator88:

I would say to tell her to get all 4 of them to a nuetral location.. say like a park..   so that  they can all talk and think it out. she needs to tell her mother face to face. but first she needs to get her mind set of what she wants to do! is she gonna keep the baby? 

i think a nuetral location so everybody can be comfortable and doesn't feel as if they are being attacked in there home if they start to argue!

Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:19 AM

If this were my daughter, I would hope that she would feel that she could tell me face to face. However, I would honestly just want to know...either by letter or talking to me. Too many girls do stupid things(abortion, hide the pregnancy, have it w/o telling anyone, etc) when they're afraid to tell their parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)