Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you deal with your hunger? Or eat when ever you're hungry?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:23 AM
  • 24 Replies

Question: Do you ....

eat whenever you're hungry...

Wait until it's time for a meal...

snack and eat all day...

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 76

View Results

I'd just like to see the numbers. Bump please.

I only ask, because my husband and many of other people I know will eat the instant they "feel" hungry. I don't do that. I wait until it's time for a meal. Hubby says I'm starving myself LOL because I'll say "I'm getting hungry" and he'll say "go eat", to which I reply, "It's not time to eat yet."

So I'm just curious...

I'm a 20 year old, spoiling my daughter with love, Small town living, walmart shoppingresearch b4 vaxing, fuel efficient car driving, anti-fast food & soda, chasing my toddler instead leashing her, giving her carrots instead of cookies, former varsity athlete, making my husbands dinner every night from scratch,Vampire book collecting, Fairy Tale Loving, Camping & canoeing, Atheist Mom, who loves my family more than anything in the world. 

& I beat the Monster aka Smoking addiction...

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:25 AM

i eat when im hungry..hunger is your bodys way of saying you need food..despite what the clock says..

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:25 AM

If I'm hungry before dinner/lunch, I'll have a handful of almonds or peanuts to tide me over until it's time to eat.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I snack all day most days. I have to in order to stay energized. But if I know my SO is cooking dinner I will generally refrain from eating in the hour before it is done, so I have more room:) 

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM

I eat small meals on schedule throughout the day and do protein shakes.  It helps with my diabetes. 

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:30 AM

I'm diabetic so I tend to "graze" all day, having 5-6 smaller meals instead of 3 large ones.

To work I take... string cheese, snack size ziplocs of nuts, raisins, cranberries, and chex mix. I also bring fruit, those sugar free packets to flavor water, turkey jerky, and yogurt.

I'm a working, pro-choice, Liberal Jewish mom of 3 kiddo's. I don't judge anyone based on their faith, political views, race, sexuality, or choices in life. Please be respectful and don't judge me on mine. I'm addicted to coffee, diet pepsi, McDonald's chicken nuggets, Farm Town, Latte Land, and books. I breastfed, bottle fed, had natural childbirths and a c-section. I support gay rights, gay marriage, and gay adoptions. I am a member of the ACLU and PFLAG. I am also the proud mother/MIL of two US Navy Sailors! NOW! Nana To Tyler born 9/14/2009!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:31 AM

i am so bad about eating.  I only eat at meals and usally skip breakfast...i know i dont eat enough

SAHM to two little boys Noah 4 and Andrew 2 And a loving wife to Ryan=)

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:33 AM

I only eat one big meal a day...usually dinner. Every once in a while if DH and I are out we eat at a restaurant and have a late lunch/early dinner.

The rest of the time...I might have something small to eat during the day...just to hold me over.

When I'm pregnant however...I eat every hour. W/ my last pregnancy I had such INTENSE hunger pain every hour it kinda freaked me out.

For the most part I cook at home every day.

My DH on the other  hand is like yours....eats whenever he is hungry...and never gains a pound. Actually he Wants to gain weight....ever since his 2  surgeries in Nov...he lost a ton of weight and can't gain it back. He loses 2-5 every night. So during the days he tries to gain it all back, and more. He has to get his thyroid checked now.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I try not to let myself get too hungry b/c that can lead to overeating. I will usually eat something whenever I start to feel hungry. If its around mealtime, I'l have a meal. If its in between, I'l have a little snack. But I would never not eat something just b/c it wasn't time for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:38 AM
Quoting KristaP13:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)