Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Court For childsupport

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:45 AM
  • 11 Replies

my sons father and I are set to go to court on december 11 for cs and paternity (he signed the bc but his girlfriend is trying to say my son is not his so I decided to file to prove her wrong) anyways..i wanted to know if anyone had experience with going to court for cs/paternity..does the judge let u explain ur side..will he ask if he has been to see his son lately..or what exactly happens? does he get straight to the point of things?..also I wanted to for CS I wanted to come to an agreement of a 50/50 timeshare and we can split the bills down the middle and lessen the cs..meaning if he's spending time with him then i wil look at lowering his cs amount and the time spent will compensate sort of speak if that makes sense...can anyone tell me an agreement they have come up with? please help!!

THANKS

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernjess3
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM

with child support they go by how much you both make....

baparrot2
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Do yourself a HUGE favor and get full custodial and the full amount of CS you can get for now. You can always move into a 50/50 situation later if you see it moving that way.

“I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments.” - Mr. Mo Jo Risin

icon

This signature is very tall. Try to keep it shorter than this green section.

Jaclynx3
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:50 AM

my dd's bio quit his job 2 weeks before trial to say he didnt have a job. ugh so the judge set his support off minimum wages .  I think its bull shit and that was in 2001  and he now owes me over 18 grand.  I will call today just for kicks to get the new total he owes-its been while since Ive checked.

Quoting southernjess3:

Jaclyn--mom to:
            Madison, Makaylyn, and Jordan

FaerieMommie23
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:52 AM

I honestly dont think you have to go before a judge for CS most of the time unless you cant come to an agreement. If you go through the Attorney General they set up meetings, first you meet with both parents and they discuss things and set up the paternity tests for both of you. Then you go back and meet again.. its a long ass process but pretty much they will work to get what both sides want but I'm pretty sure they go by a percentage for the amount hes going to pay and they dont just give you the amount you want. As for a real lawyer you can probably get the amount you want but I'm not sure and I think it works pretty much the same way only your BD and his lawyer would meet with you and yours.

southernjess3
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM

my ex doesnt have a job..he was ordered to pay 5 dollars a week...but weve never gotten it..

Quoting Jaclynx3:

my dd's bio quit his job 2 weeks before trial to say he didnt have a job. ugh so the judge set his support off minimum wages .  I think its bull shit and that was in 2001  and he now owes me over 18 grand.  I will call today just for kicks to get the new total he owes-its been while since Ive checked.

Quoting southernjess3:

BigMamaHeidi
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I think you are being fair and reasonable with the 50/50 arrangement.

Kissybratzmom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:55 AM

I am currently going through this nightmare. In IL we don't even see a judge. We saw a mediator. He was told he could say he was the father or deny paternity. He had the audacity to deny his son. They told him if the baby came back as his he would have to pay for the test..which he has to. We now go back to court on the 21st of this month to go over the DNA test and set child support. I do know he is supposed to bring his pay stubs and taxes with him so they can determine his amount. I'm guessing I won't get a lot since he already pays $400 a month for his 1st son.

Not that child support is a nightmare, it's just everything that comes along with it. My sons D.A.D. ( dumb ass donor) has decided to try to message me on facebook saying he now knows he is the father and would like me to call him before we go to court to discuss things. Not happening. I wasn't the shady one, he was.

Good luck with everything!

2boys_1girl
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:59 AM

I would say go for full custody... because once the amount is set. If your ex decides to not take his fair share of visitation... you will have to re-file to get the amount adjusted.

As far as hearing both sides of the story... I never had to do any of that. In my state, they go off of a child support worksheet... and that is how they decide.

So for example, my Ex was court ordered to pay $780 a month. That was based on what he was making at the time... which was approximately $2000 a month before taxes.

an-angles-mom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM

you got ripped a new one .. in Tx if your Ex did that the child support would have gone off his last JOB.. my ex did that and the judge ordered him to pay full CS plus medical, plus their sports and school supplies a long with clothing and shoes..

Quoting Jaclynx3:

Quoting southernjess3:

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Most states will NOT hear any custody issuse at a child support hearing. In cali you never see a judge you give a lady your check stubs shes puts it in a computer with the other parents and they figure out the amount from there.

Because i love my little girl  Because yes i am Bipolar

Trisomy 18 Has affected my life For my aunt

For my grampa (lung cancer) For my papa (liver cancer)

Pink and Blue because infants deserve to be remembered too

WHAT COLORS ARE IN YOUR LIFE?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)