Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Even though i think its a womans choice, why do i feel sooooo sad!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM
  • 8 Replies

This is a hard topic to discuss, but please be civil about it ladies

Ive always believed its a womans choice to abort a fetus/baby, i mean after all its not my body thats misrable and pregnant, im not walking in their shoes, im not that one that has to raise the baby in whatever environment i might have to grow up in.

My friend just had an abortion at 12 wks she dident know she was pregnant cause the way her periods are and , she already has 4 young kids 5,4,3,and 1. She dident want anymore, her and her husbend might be homelss here in not to long, no jobs, no money the condom broke so it was an accident. She against it, i cant amagine the heart break shes going through right now. i havent been able to get ahold of her in the past few days. Im worried about her. She was not scared of the pain but the emotional part.

I wish she would just get her man fixed if she wants no more. I just am so sad that she went and had one, kinda brings tears to my eyes, I know its her choice, but its still so upsetting to me, cause of the fact she should have been more carefull and now look what shes had to choose to do. Im angery yet very sad inside, i really feel bad about the hole situation.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrslaura
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Its sad when women do get abortions it also brings tears to my eyes how they abort the baby my mom was telling me that my ex sister in laws cousin got pregnant and didnt want to keep the baby she was 16 weeks pregnant around the same week as me and the way they would half to abort the baby was shocking it and that was devistating knowing im pregnant and knowing what they do at that week was terrifying and awful but she decided to keep her baby which is wonderful news but its a horrible thing when women do decide to abort there baby because it isnt the babys fault when women are careless and then when they end up pregnant there last resort is to kill the baby I wont get into full detail about how I feel because i will have alot of women talking alot of stuff to me which I dont blame them but its the way I feel about women who do abort there babies all I can say is I am really against it and it is wrong. 

Cavalrybaby02
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:59 AM

It is very very sad.  But it was her choice.

Do they have medicaid?  If they do, I would think they would be able to get one of them fixed for free.

Shannonrae742
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Even people like myself who are vehemently pro-choice, will always be sad about the actual abortion procedure. No one is pro-abortion. Of course, in an ideal world, all babies would be wanted and no one would get pregnant on accident but we don't live in an ideal world and we can remain vehemently pro-choice because it's the 'choice' we support...not the abortion. I support a woman to have options and not be forced into gestation against her will and so long abortion is legal and NO woman in this country is forced into 9 months of gestation, then I will call that a 'good day', even if it means that somewhere across this country, right this minute, an abortion is being performed.

Try to feel relief in that she felt she had choices. You are more than normal to feel sad in the choice she made, but feel solace in the fact that you support her having a choice b/c that is very progressive of you.

{{hugs}} I'm sorry you are sad, but the lives of the 4 she already has should be everyone's primary focus and you have to rest assured in knowing that this heartwrenching decision she made was, what she believed, to be in the best interest of herself, her husband and her children.

WifeandMommy06
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I for one am a person who will never have an abortion.. and if a women does that is her choice..

Maybe she just knew she couldn't provide for this baby like she had for her other 4. plus with them both not working, going to be homeless maybe it was for the better..

Hope you get to talk to your friend soon.. Hope she is ok..

Really not sure what to say.. she was using protection and yes it broke but things happen and it was her choice to do it so you really can't be mad at her for her choice.. you can be upset that she did it but still it's her body and she is the one who has to raise it not you!

(sorry if that sounded mean I don't mean to.)

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

wedding ticker

abbynzachsmommy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Its a hard thing to deal with. I don't agree its a woman's choice . Yes its her body that has to be pregnant, but its the baby's body that gets murdered. I won't get into exactly how I feel about that.

I understand she was in a hard spot but  there are always other ways to do things, other options.

navy     Lovin my Sailor!!!

Pregnant with baby #3? join us! ~ Pregnant again!...baby#3

Want to connect with other Navy wives? Check us out! ~ Navy Wives

mommy2angels000
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:38 AM

You said she was using a condom so how can you say you are upset with her because she should have been more careful? Condoms break sometimes. She did what she felt was the best choice for her family given her circumstances. It's something SHE will have to deal with for the rest of her life and if she is truly against abortion then I imagine she is probably dealing with a lot right now. True, she could have given that baby up for adoption instead of aborting him/her but that's also something SHE will have to deal with. If you are a 'real' friend you will be supportive of her right now because it sounds like she is already dealing with enough.

Strwbrries
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:42 AM

She thought about it logically and put the children that she already has first and for that I commend her, she made a very hard decision that goes against what she believes in and that she knew she would carry the guilt for years but she still put her family first.

If she cannot afford to have any more children, why wait for her husband to get fixed? Why doesnt she have her tubes tied?

amber_1024
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Your friend made a hard decision... 

I hope she starts feeling better, and hopefully they don't end up homeless, ( i know wayy off post) But have they thought about looking into public housing, and food stamps.. etc?  Obviously they need the help and there shouldn't be any shame in that...

I hope things start looking up for her and her family...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)