Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever send your kids away?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:51 AM
  • 44 Replies

My kids are driving me nuts... so I just sent them to the basement (their toy/playroom). I told them they needed to go play, and get along. I said, no one was allowed to come upstairs for any reason other than to go potty for at least half an hour... and I was setting the oven timer.

Do you ever send your kids away to another part of the house?

Also, on more than one occasion I have called a friend or family member and asked them to come take the kids off my hands for a little while... because I can't take it anymore.

Do you ever "pawn" your kids on someone else, just for a breather?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gretchen2876
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Yes, I do. 

lizmarie1975
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:52 AM

I try to send my 4 year old away but she never goes.  My 13 year old barely comes to the same part of the apartment I'm in unless he needs to use the bathroom.

Mommy2LPK
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM

We have a sun porch and i'll send them out there to play, or their rooms ... but it doesn't last long.

I don't have anyone to ever take them off my hands ... so nope!

heathercook78
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM

I'd LOVE to, only I don't have any takers.... :)

cowboygal
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Yea I do. Some days I send them to their rooms for 30 min and say it is rest time or Mommy is going to lose it. And if it is really bad, I say those rooms are the safest place for you right now so get.  I cannot go in a room because they still get into things.  I am making lunch yesterday and they were downstairs with dh, one room over.  They decided to melt crayons on top of the pellet stove that was on. And dh did not think them being quiet was enough to check on them.  Or they color on the walls still. Climb on th counters and sneak candy, cut the screens, etc.  Some days I wonder why I am not totally gray.

This signature is very tall. Try to keep it shorter than this green section.
chais_wifey
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:57 AM
Quoting heathercook78:

I'd LOVE to, only I don't have any takers.... :)

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:01 AM

SOmetimes...i was lucky my dad took my 2yr old to church yesterday and kept her till 5 so i was able to nap sense i was sick with head cold and sinus infection

Because i love my little girl  Because yes i am Bipolar

Trisomy 18 Has affected my life For my aunt

For my grampa (lung cancer) For my papa (liver cancer)

Pink and Blue because infants deserve to be remembered too

WHAT COLORS ARE IN YOUR LIFE?

nmjordan
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I have a babysitter for Wed. and Fri. for 6 hours each day. I don't have any family around to help.

~ Nicole ~
Mom to Brandon, 
6-25-06
Proud Navy Wife

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:04 AM

yes i sure do  send them to another part of the house  sometimes i leave also. no i NEVER pawn my kids off on anyone eles. my hubs have more patience than i do so when i have had enough then he takes them so i can get a beather i have such a sweet hubby. 

ariannasmom114
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:04 AM

yup i sure do my dd goes up stairs to her room to play everybody needs a little break sometimes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)