Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I must be a horrible mother

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM
  • 19 Replies

My daughter will be 2 in December. We are trying to get things figured out. Its winter so she cant have it outside so i can up with  princess theme. We found a really cute costume for her to wear and will be getting her some fake jewelry and shoes and everything including tiria. I found the perfect decorations for really cheap at dollar general. So this all sounds good right?

She has NO friends to come and enjoy it with her. we have one vehicle which is really messed up right now (made a post about it) so we dont have playdates or anything. There are no kids that live by us (we live in the country) Whenever we have a family function she just lights up when she see other kids. But they all live to far away to come for her b-day. I feel so bad for her. She has no one to play with and have fun with.

Anybody else not have any friends for their LO's?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernjess3
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM

im sorry mama..my kids just have cousins..

Mommy2LPK
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:01 AM

My daughters first birthday is next month and I don't have many kids coming .. maybe two and they are older.

I don't get out much, and don't know to many people so my kids don't have alot of playmates. We used to do playdates, but they were always awkward so we stopped.

Now my sons in preschool and im hoping this yr he'll have some friends to invite ...

blondie7221
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:02 AM

aweee, my baby will be 2 in nov, and my hubby and I were just talking bout this, it will be family only maybe 1 or 2 kids her age, but I got 4 neices and nephews that will come

scootermom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I'm sorry my son didn't have any friends really till he started school.  I did find a couple mom's groups in my area.  You could try that.  I know you said you are out in the country, but maybe there are some other kids out in the country in your area with same problem.

jjessers
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Since moving from NY to DE last yr my lil one doesn't have playmates either.

He ends up playing w/ DH's friend's kids , who are older. They are always good with him so I don't mind...but I would like him to have friends closer to his age.

Now that it's getting colder outside...I hopefully can start bringing him to the library for story time.....where there are other kids his age. We only have one car as well...so it makes things a lil harder...but I have to say....not impossible.

Oh and my DS will be 2 on the 28th of this month :)

EvieMun
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:05 AM

I just don't really know anyone around where I live. My brother lives about 20 minutes away and his son is 6 weeks younger than my daughter (she's 13 months), but with conflicting scheduals we only see each other twice a month. One of my best friends has a daughter the same age also, but she lives a few hours away. Other than her stepbrother, who's 7, and cousins, who are 5 and 8, she hasn't really been around other kids...but she loves it when they're around as well.

chais_wifey
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:05 AM

I was just planning my daughter's bday at Chuck E Cheese and the only kids I can invite are her 3 cousins. I feel bad that she doesn't have more friends but I think as long as she is happy running around she won't even notice who is or is not there. 

mommy2_2008
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Thanks mommas, Yea my family will be coming but none of them have kids. Well my brother does but i wouldnt count on them coming. His wife is a snob and even when they do go out they dont take the kids. Their babies live with her grandparents and even call them mommy and daddy. I want to beat my brother to get her to step up and be a mother since she layed down and asked for it. LOL but yea there will lots of adults and i will turn into a kid for her and i know others will too so hopefully it wont be that bad.

saylorsmomma
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I'm sorry to here about that, Saylor only has couple friends that are her age. We also live out in the country. 

WifeandMommy06
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:11 AM

This.. plus the little 1 year old i watch.. Sorry I know how you feel.. I really want friends for my almost 3 year old (in Dec)..

Maybe when summer comes along you can find some playdates and keep them going in the winter time (like at other homes or indoor playares or something like that)..

Quoting southernjess3:

im sorry mama..my kids just have cousins..

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

wedding ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)