Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So my MIL thinks hes a pervert!! are ya frickin kidding me WELL CHILD VISIT

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:06 AM
  • 8 Replies

Ok so my daughter had a well baby checkup the other day for school, making sure everythign was going good and stuff. She dosent get shots so it went fast sorta.

Now i know they check out everything encluding getnitals what what not.

She she was a baby her skin down ther was not opened at the top, the doc said it will probably open by it self but if not they would have to proscribe some cream. I never really had it checked after that, cause i only took her if she got sick .

I had mentioned this to the doctor and he said ok ill take a look. My daughter kicked and scemed the intire time, im thinking maybe she thought she was getting a shot near her butt again , but i really dont know but the doctor could not look. I had to help him by talking to her and calming her down. Its open, no worries and she was done. Well the whole flipping out part bothered me, alot acutally. I tired to tell my daughter about touching and when its not good, its hard to talk about that kinda thing to a 3yr old!

Anyways she was being baby sat later that day and my baby girl told grandma that the doctor was touching her woowoo. OH GREAT...

My MIL calls me up just raging in anger, baby girl just told me the doctor was touching her woowoo what the hell is that all about. I told her thats what they do at well child checkups

they check both male and femaile genitials, she had  a cow and called my dds doctor a pervert. I was just thinking OMFG woman this is the 20th centry not 34 yrs ago when your kids were babyies

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
dreamerinluv
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Really?? Wow...makes me wonder if your MIL has ever been to a Gyno and her "Hooha" touched and proded....what would she say bout that ! 

RheaF
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Yeah, my DD has a really bad diaper rash when she was around 2 1/2. I mean blisters and bleeding. We had to get a prescription for a steroid cream. Anyway we had to put it (doctors orders) Right around her anus, not in, but right on it. Thats where the blisters were. Well DD told my Gma that Daddy was sticking his finger in her tush! She ment on. It took like 3 months to convince my Gma and my Mom that he was not wrongfully touching her. Even after I showed them the blisters. Just tell your MIL to get over it, you were right there with her, she had a medical issue that did require checking. It happens. What is your MIL going to think when your DD goes to the Gynecologist when she's a teen eager? That he's a perv as well? 

scootermom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Quoting dreamerinluv:

Really?? Wow...makes me wonder if your MIL has ever been to a Gyno and her "Hooha" touched and proded....what would she say bout that ! 

LOL yeah i agree!

moretolovemamma
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:09 PM

i know right! thats what i was thinking to LOL

Quoting scootermom:

Quoting dreamerinluv:

LOL yeah i agree!

mna_823
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:18 PM

OMG!  Some people.  You just want to say "It's different now than when you were raising your kids....they have wellness visits where the genitals are checked."  Hopefully no one takes her seriously when she talks about your kids' doctor.

butterflyblu
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:18 PM

That's ridiculous.  It's completely normal.  They haven't checked my son at every visit, but at most of his baby visits they do check to make sure the testicles are there.  I don't know why they need to do that everytime.   It's not like they are going to disappear or something.  I think they also feel around the pubic pone to make sure there isn't a hernia.   I had a small vaginal adhesion as a child (my sister did as well).  We both used progesterone cream and it went away on it's own.  The doctor told my mom it has to do with hormones during pregnancy.  Doesn't your MIL ever go to the gynecologist?

Jennysmith
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:03 PM

you were with your child and you even helped the Doctor by calming her down.  How can your MIL think anything inapporiate happened.

Jennifer
moretolovemamma
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Exactially, it almost felt like she was insuinating that was letting the doctor....what she wants to call being molested or something. that really pissed me off

Quoting Jennysmith:

you were with your child and you even helped the Doctor by calming her down.  How can your MIL think anything inapporiate happened.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)