Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is It Really That Bad That Some Of Us Don't Celebrate Halloween?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM
  • 76 Replies

It's not like we are abusing our children.  We aren't causing them any harm physically or emotionally.  Why are some of you getting so upset in other posts, calling names, and swearing at those that do not celebrate halloween?  How does it effect your family?  I feed my children.  I school them, bathe them, clothe them, love them.  How is saying no to one, or a few, worldly holidays bad?

It is our choice, as a parent, to decide what we do and do not celebrate in our households.  Some do not celebrate halloween.  That is our choice.  I don't see why it is so bad to not celebrate something we don't agree with.  I don't see why we should have others try to make us feel bad for not doing something we would like to avoid in our houses.  I have no problem with you celebrating whatever you want.  I will not condemn you for it, so don't attack my family for not celebrating your holiday. 

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
queeniamissy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:34 AM

I don't know what the big deal is either!  Who cares who celebrates it or not.  We do, but if you don't it's not an issue with me!!

Septpreggo
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:35 AM

i couldnt care less if u celebrate or not....... but its my fav holiday

lovemymarine306
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:36 AM

no...but as someone who did the church thing every halloween while growing up, i can honestly say that i wouldn't do that to my kids.  they know they are missing out on something, no matter how much you do to celebrate in your own way.  still, i have no problem with other moms who don't do halloween...i understand the why's. 

amber_1024
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:36 AM

No it's not bad that you don't celebrate halloween.  That is your choice as a parent to allow or don't allow your child too... Why does it matter to other people?  It seems childish and immature to get mad over something so petty...

oo and I do celebrate halloween, but would NEVER look down on someone who doesn't..   sorry your dealing with that! 

AJmum
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:37 AM

I don't judge or care about how anyone else lives their life. As long as your kids are loved and happy it doesn't concern me. But unfortunately it seems to be some people's favorite past time in here. I am sorry someone was so cruel.

Rubygl00m

Quoting lovemymarine306:

no...but as someone who did the church thing every halloween while growing up, i can honestly say that i wouldn't do that to my kids.  they know they are missing out on something, no matter how much you do to celebrate in your own way.  still, i have no problem with other moms who don't do halloween...i understand the why's. 

This.

dmcarpenter619

I followed the other post but did not respond.  I honestly don't care who celebrates it or not, but I do care that someone was talking bad about Wicca.  We do not celebrate the holiday by sacrificing children or dancing around the fire naked!  My kids dress up just like other kids and go trick-or-treating.  We do not worship the devil or celebrate Halloween as the devil's holiday. 

bakebiscotti
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:38 AM

It certainly is your decision whether you celebrate or not.  I think it's silly not to, but it is your decision.

I think a lot of young moms take their roles way too seriously.  Lighten up,  odds are you are going to screw your kids up in some way no matter what you do.  Dysfunction is the American way.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:38 AM

I think some of it has to do with WHY they don't and the misconception of what the days mean to the diff cultures and religions. People get very defensive when you call their day to celebrate the dead is called evil and Satan worshipping.

Photobucket

mammapickle
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I don't care. I'm just nosey and was asking some questions cause i was wondering the why behind it. I wasnt hounding or anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)