Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought there were time constraints on this kind of thing?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:34 AM
  • 11 Replies

So we just bought our house a few months ago, and I don't really know the neighbors. They had a matress factory going next door, til we called the city and reported them. They were given so many days to clean up the property and so on. ( you wouldnt believe the ammt of junk they pulled out of there.)

Their dogs bark constantly...... all night long, and last night at 3 am they were out there doing "yard maintenece" I finally got up at 5 and closed the window so my kids could sleep, I have been up since then. I thought there was some kind of time schedule you had to follow for stuff like that. Like 6 am to 10 pm or something. Maybe 8 am, IDK. I just know these people are on my last nerve. I know they don't own the house I wish they would just move!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH

night owls

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WhiteTigerLily
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:38 AM

HAHA I edited the title, I just noticed that my 10 mo old added her 2 cents to it LOL She cant keep her little hands off my laptop!

night owls

prestonjohn
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:40 AM

there is such thing as a noise ordinance but they can clean or whatever at anytime

AJmum
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:43 AM

If it was noise, I believe its 10pm to 8 am

Quoting prestonjohn:

there is such thing as a noise ordinance but they can clean or whatever at anytime

De_Chick
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:44 AM

I'm wondering how they can even keep the place in that condition if they don't own it? Doesn't the landlord get on them about the junk? As far as the noise there are noise ordinances in most places I would call and find out what they are where you live. Here its ten pm to seven am.

WhiteTigerLily
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:45 AM

I have no idea what they were doing over there. sounded like machines and all kinda stuff. Metal and what not being dragged across concrete. I seriously serioulsy wish they would move. I'm tired of not sleeping because of the inconsiderate neighbors! 

night owls

WhiteTigerLily
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:46 AM

I believe the person who owns the house may be a relative in any case they dont live here they live in california. So they dont see the place at least not very often I would guess.

Quoting De_Chick:

I'm wondering how they can even keep the place in that condition if they don't own it? Doesn't the landlord get on them about the junk? As far as the noise there are noise ordinances in most places I would call and find out what they are where you live. Here its ten pm to seven am.

night owls

missedbirch
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:49 AM

If you report them to the authorities they will leave notes and if it doesn't stop then other action is taken. I do suggest you keep like a dairy type thing to keep track of what times and days its going on and what type of noises you are hearing. That way you have a record to verify what you are saying.

Quoting WhiteTigerLily:

I have no idea what they were doing over there. sounded like machines and all kinda stuff. Metal and what not being dragged across concrete. I seriously serioulsy wish they would move. I'm tired of not sleeping because of the inconsiderate neighbors! 

Pregnancy ticker

scootermom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Quoting AJmum:

If it was noise, I believe its 10pm to 8 am

Quoting prestonjohn:

o0gone0o
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Thats why they tell you to do random drive by's of the neighborhood before you buy.  Beyond complaining to the cops, or if they are renting complaining to their landlord you can't really do a whole lot.

What exactly is a mattress factory? I feel so confused... 

Is8enough
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:53 AM

You poor thing! My advice is to keep complaining, about everything, we had to. We had neighbors like that and thank God they just moved!

I am not a complaining type but they had three huge dogs that barked non stop. And when furniture and appliances start trickling out onto the porch you know it's not a good sign.

Everything in the front and the backyard died so that made the house look even worse! I live in a development where everything looks perfect. So when there's a house with a dead yard it's such an eye sore.

Then all the cars! OMG nobody even drove these cars! People that live like this need to move out into the country for real! Then they can have their mess, their animals, and their cars!

It's like living next to a junkyard

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)