Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help from some creative moms!!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:38 AM
  • 2 Replies

I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, and I'm having the hardest time getting them to do their chores. Their chores consist of picking up their toys, making their bed, making sure their dirty clothes go in their laundry baskets, and putting their dishes in the sink when they are done. They both know they are supposed to do these things but its like pulling teeth with them, especially my 4 yr old. Does anyone have any creative ideas that can help motivate them to do what they are supposed to. I've tried making a game out of it but they've lost all interest in that.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
armywife142
by Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:01 PM

my daughter is two and loves stickers, she has to put her toys away when shes done, dishes in the sink(she likes that one though i dont know why) and throw her trash away, and she also helps me put the laundry in the dryer, she likes that one too, but she gets to put a sticker on a chart thing or just get the sticker, she usually just does it and takes the sticker.

vegepunkstr
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I agree with a sticker chart and then your kids can get a prize at the end of the week or the day for doing all of their chores. I had to do a sticker chart with my 3 year old for awhile to get him to do his night time routine.

Quoting armywife142:

my daughter is two and loves stickers, she has to put her toys away when shes done, dishes in the sink(she likes that one though i dont know why) and throw her trash away, and she also helps me put the laundry in the dryer, she likes that one too, but she gets to put a sticker on a chart thing or just get the sticker, she usually just does it and takes the sticker.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)