Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it possible....

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:42 AM
  • 5 Replies

is it possible to have skin tags in the pubic regions?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mstnbecki
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:43 AM

yes

myfoursonsks
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Well, that is what genital warts can look like too.  So, if someone has came up with that all of a sudden and there is more than one, someone needs to see a doc.

confused-mom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:19 PM

pretty sure it isn't genital warts. it is me who has notice them. about 10 year ago when i was pregnant with my daughter i had one and it went away after my daughter was born. and now i have 2 more i looked up  genital wart and it doesn't look like genital warts, i didn't think i had them but i was curious, i have only been with one man in the past 9 years and he hasn't cheated either that i am certain of. while researching it i found out that skin tag on the pubic area are associated with PCOS when i look up PCOS i am certain i have PCOS because i have few cysts on both of my ovaries and i have abnormal period and have been unable to get pregnant of the past 2 years. not to mention genital wart look more like cauliflower and that isn't what these look like it is just like 2 rises in the pubic area and they are not bunched together they are separated. i do have my normal pap due in Dec and i will talk to the doc but i am certain it isn't genital wart. i asked just to be certain about the skin tags though because i don't trust everything i read on the net

Quoting myfoursonsks:

Well, that is what genital warts can look like too.  So, if someone has came up with that all of a sudden and there is more than one, someone needs to see a doc.

myfoursonsks
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:31 PM

There are several types of genital warts caused by various strains of HPV.  HPV can lay dormant for years and years and MANY people have it.  It could very well just be a skin tag.  But, you may just want to point it out at your next pap just in case.  If you do carry a strain of HPV, it can put you at an increased risk for cervical cancer.  So, it isn't a bad idea to get it checked out just in case.

I know someone personally that has HPV and her genital warts were just little flesh colored tages that were small. 

Quoting confused-mom:

pretty sure it isn't genital warts. it is me who has notice them. about 10 year ago when i was pregnant with my daughter i had one and it went away after my daughter was born. and now i have 2 more i looked up  genital wart and it doesn't look like genital warts, i didn't think i had them but i was curious, i have only been with one man in the past 9 years and he hasn't cheated either that i am certain of. while researching it i found out that skin tag on the pubic area are associated with PCOS when i look up PCOS i am certain i have PCOS because i have few cysts on both of my ovaries and i have abnormal period and have been unable to get pregnant of the past 2 years. not to mention genital wart look more like cauliflower and that isn't what these look like it is just like 2 rises in the pubic area and they are not bunched together they are separated. i do have my normal pap due in Dec and i will talk to the doc but i am certain it isn't genital wart. i asked just to be certain about the skin tags though because i don't trust everything i read on the net

Quoting myfoursonsks:

confused-mom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:41 PM

oh i am going to bring it up just in case; i just don't think it is genital wart. but i will have her look at them.  i have had 2 abnormal paps in the past once i had to have leap surgery to remove a cancerous cell and the 2nd time the abnormal cell went away on it on and i think they might have ran the HPV test on me then but i am not certain thou.

Quoting myfoursonsks:

There are several types of genital warts caused by various strains of HPV.  HPV can lay dormant for years and years and MANY people have it.  It could very well just be a skin tag.  But, you may just want to point it out at your next pap just in case.  If you do carry a strain of HPV, it can put you at an increased risk for cervical cancer.  So, it isn't a bad idea to get it checked out just in case.

I know someone personally that has HPV and her genital warts were just little flesh colored tages that were small. 

Quoting confused-mom:

Quoting myfoursonsks:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)