Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Online College:

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:50 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hey Mama's! I'm going back to school, and I start November 9th. I didn't want to take too much time away from my family, since I work full time aswell, so I'm doing shool all ONLINE! Have any of you even attended school online?? If so, do you have any tips, pointers for me? I am kindof nervous to go back.
I am going for Business Administation.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NikkiPhoenix
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:57 AM

I am taking online classes to get my degree in Veterinary Technology.

Make sure to schedule your assignments and tests, like in regular college.  Don't slack just because you are home!

My school has online forums and webinars, so I am still in class at times....what about you?

Kawasaki Disease Awareness!

Layouts & More @ ColorArmy.Com

Myspace Layouts, Glitters & More!

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.  Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing?  Then whence cometh evil?  Is he neither able nor willing?  Then why call him God?" -Epicurus

kameronsmommy08
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Quoting NikkiPhoenix:

Make sure to schedule your assignments and tests, like in regular college.  Don't slack just because you are home!

My school has online forums and webinars, so I am still in class at times....what about y

I agree with this.

JordansMama2003
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I switch back and forth between going to campus and on-line classes. I normally take on-line classes because I don't like leaving my family after working full time either :o)

I have found that on-line classes usually have more work because they try to make up for you not actually being in class. I think this is the main difference. I still choose to do on-line because I like being able to do my homework on my lunch hour or after everyone goes to bed, so I am not waisting any family time. I just don't like "having" to be somewhere!

I do enjoy campus classes because you feel more involved and get to meet people going for the same degree...once you get deeper into the classes for your field you start having classes with the same people going for the same degree. So it is nice to feel apart of something. Plus, I tend to always get an A when I do the campus classes because I do not want to let anyone down...

My only advise is to stay on task. Write everything down on a planner that is due and give yourself time to get it done. On-line classes aren't for everyone. Neither one of them are easy!

KaysMa07
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Quoting NikkiPhoenix:

My school has online forums and webinars, so I am still in class at times....what about you?

I'm pretty sure some of my classes are the same, I will be "in class"on my couch. lol* I still have to sign up for classes, are you taking a full load or just part time?

CafeMom Tickers
NikkiPhoenix
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I take full semesters, but only one class at time.  I have protors at the end of each semester, and two practicums after semesters 2 and 4.

I also write for the online paper. 

You can be very active even though it is online.  Try to make some friends that are in the same classes as you so you can study and talk about what you are doing.

Quoting KaysMa07:

Quoting NikkiPhoenix:

I'm pretty sure some of my classes are the same, I will be "in class"on my couch. lol* I still have to sign up for classes, are you taking a full load or just part time?

Kawasaki Disease Awareness!

Layouts & More @ ColorArmy.Com

Myspace Layouts, Glitters & More!

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.  Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing?  Then whence cometh evil?  Is he neither able nor willing?  Then why call him God?" -Epicurus

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)