Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guys i need good thoughts and prayers for a dying little girl... she is suffering so...

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:51 AM
  • 17 Replies

Her name is Jessica and she is 10 years old. She has been through more in her little life than any of us ever will... and her mother continues to be strong... strong for her family and strong for Jessica. I cant imagine the pain she is feeling.Jessica is trying to make it to 11 to go to heaven... but is suffering so.. it was her one wish and she has 4 days until she turns 11. Please read her story and leave some kind words for her mother. She already lost one leg to cancer and has been batteling a long time. Here is the latest journal entery and PLEASE let her mother know that people are thingking about her!!!

Monday, October 12, 2009 7:11 AM, CDT

I am so sick to my stomach, as is Dan; but not the kind of sick you can take meds for.  We are ripping apart.  Where is God's mercy...we continue to pray?  Jessica hangs on, but has had fever since early Saturday on and off, now more pronounced and much higher since Sunday.  Even with suppositories, her fever pushes 100. 

This is insane...what is happening to our little girl.  She lay there, still, struggling to breath, unresponsive, unable to open her eyes or speak, not able to squeeze our hands; she just lay there, suffering so.  She does continue to feel pain with any movement we may have to do for hygiene, so we push her Dilaudid and continue to give her the other meds by injection. 

We believe she still hears us..so we tell her we love her all day long, over and over, and we tell her to "go play," and that it is time to take Jesus' hand.  Yesterday, while telling her these things, tears fell out of her eyes.  This is breaking my heart...I feel unable to breathe, catch my breath, and I shake from inside to out, trembling and trying to maintain my sanity and control.  I will lose it...when she leaves her body behind, I will then allow myself to lose it...I fear I won't come back from this pain that is far too unbearable to describe.

Pray for Mercy for our sweet little girl who deserved so much more than this struggle and pain that she has fought for so many years.  WE MUST FIND A CURE.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jessicaeasley

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenniferOmaha
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:55 AM

I will keep this family & little girl in my thoughts. What a sad story.

vicky88
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:58 AM

i will be prating for her

mcsmom1
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:58 AM

That is absolutely devastating.  I am so sorry.  Oh...it's just so so so SAD!  My DD is close to that age.  I cannot imagine.

kelly24019
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:03 PM

thank you guys...at this point there is nothing anyoen can do for her but offer prayers (if you believe in that) kind thoughts and some peaceful words

Jodie118
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Jessica and Family,

You are all in my thoughts and prayers, and I am praying for peace, rest, and an end to pain for Jessica.  Much love to you all.

praying

kelly24019
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM

bump

desi_dylan_bri
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:27 PM

bump. i'll be praying.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:28 PM

sad

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

FaithandHarmony
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Quoting Jodie118:

Jessica and Family,

You are all in my thoughts and prayers, and I am praying for peace, rest, and an end to pain for Jessica.  Much love to you all.

praying

Kyliees_mommy08
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:32 PM

so sorry  praying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)