Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

symptoms of ...

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:54 AM
  • 7 Replies

what are the symptoms of PCOS? i am not sure but i think i might have it. i was looking up another problem i am experiencing this morning  and i came across that this problem is assoicated with PCOS, so i look up PCOS and it said something about cyst  on the ovaries. well last week i found out i had a few cysts on my ovaries and i also have abnormal periods. so i was wondering what are other symptoms of PCOS. just so i can get another question answered what i was looking up this morning was skin tags in the pubic regions  and it said that they can be assoicated with PCOS as well. so can anyone help me.

thanks a bunch

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
teegrumpee85
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Not sure but heres a bump!!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Gender Prediction

Get your own gender prediction!

mushmom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:14 PM

sorry...don't even know what that is.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:40 PM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:
Advice for Moms

Medical questions

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Trinity0820
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Causes

•Genetic predisposition.

•Insulin resistance or hyperinsulinism (high blood levels of insulin).

•Obesity.

•Hyperandrogenism (excessive production of male hormones).

•Abnormality of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis (organ/hormonal disorder). •Environmental chemical pollution (hormonal disruptors)

•Food adulterantion (excitatory amino acids, for example) •Chronic inflammation.

Symptoms

• Multiple ovarian cysts
  • Irregular or absent menses
  • Infertility
  • Acne
  • Obesity or inability to lose weight
  • Excessive body or facial hair (hirsutism)
  • Insulin resistance and possibly diabetes
  • Thinning of scalp hair
  • Velvety, hyperpigmented skin folds (acanthosis nigricans)
  • High blood pressure
  • Polycystic ovaries that are 2-5 times larger than healthy ovaries.
  • Multiple hormone imbalances, commonly including:
    • Androgens (testosterone)
    • Cortisol
    • Estrogens
    • FSH (follicle stimulating hormone)
    • Insulin.
    • LH (luteinizing hormone)
    • progesterone
    • Prolactin.
    • Thyroid hormones.
  • Impaired lung function.
  • Sleep apnea.
  • Fatty liver degeneration (NAFLD).
  • Depression
  • I have it too.. Its kind of hard to deal with.. but i seem to manage ok.. You can also have high testorone levels, which makes hair grow, I have chin hair, and its worse now that i am pregnant with a son.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
    confused-mom
    by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:12 PM

i have some of the symptoms, like thinning of the hair and i also have facial hair it isn't really bad and i bleach or wax it. i have abnormal periods, i have sleep apnea, i have suffer from depression, i have  few cysts on my ovaries the seen them in an ultra sound done last week. the infertility, i have been unprotected sex for 2 years and haven't became pregnant but yet they say they don't know why my periods are abnormal or why i haven't became pregnant. a lot of the other symptom i don't have but they run in my family, my mom has a lot of the symptom that they show and i read somewhere that it could be hereditary. i go for my pap in Dec i think i might mention it.

what about the skin tags in the pubic regions?

Quoting Trinity0820:

Causes

•Genetic predisposition.

•Obesity.

•Abnormality of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis (organ/hormonal disorder). •Environmental chemical pollution (hormonal disruptors)

•Food adulterantion (excitatory amino acids, for example) •Chronic inflammation.

Symptoms

• Multiple ovarian cysts
  • Infertility
  • Acne
  • Thinning of scalp hair
  • High blood pressure
    • Cortisol
    • Estrogens
    • Insulin.
    • progesterone
    • Prolactin.
    • Thyroid hormones.
  • Sleep apnea.
  • Depression
  • I have it too.. Its kind of hard to deal with.. but i seem to manage ok.. You can also have high testorone levels, which makes hair grow, I have chin hair, and its worse now that i am pregnant with a son.

Trinity0820
    by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:34 PM

i had infertility. I lost two children in 3 months and it took me nearly 2 whole years to concieve and carry to term. It is hereditary. My mom, my sister and I have it and my dd and anyother dds i may have will probably have it too. Skin tags anywhere are also a sign. Whatever you do, do not take someone saying no thats not what you have or no we dont have tests for that... I did that and probably wouldnt have had such a hard time getting pregnant if i would have stuck to my guns. Birth control is also not the only thing that can fix it. Metformin can to. ( i was told by a dr who thought I was too young for a child that that was my only choice... I realize now it wasnt there darn decision to make.)

Quoting confused-mom:

i have some of the symptoms, like thinning of the hair and i also have facial hair it isn't really bad and i bleach or wax it. i have abnormal periods, i have sleep apnea, i have suffer from depression, i have  few cysts on my ovaries the seen them in an ultra sound done last week. the infertility, i have been unprotected sex for 2 years and haven't became pregnant but yet they say they don't know why my periods are abnormal or why i haven't became pregnant. a lot of the other symptom i don't have but they run in my family, my mom has a lot of the symptom that they show and i read somewhere that it could be hereditary. i go for my pap in Dec i think i might mention it.

Quoting Trinity0820:

Causes

•Genetic predisposition.

•Obesity.

Symptoms

• Multiple ovarian cysts
  • Infertility
  • Acne
  • Thinning of scalp hair
  • High blood pressure
    • Cortisol
    • Estrogens
    • Insulin.
    • progesterone
    • Prolactin.
    • Thyroid hormones.
  • Sleep apnea.
  • Depression

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
    Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
    confused-mom
    by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:08 PM

see i was on BC for 5 years and as soon as i got off 2 years ago all of this started and there is no way i am going back on BC. the doc keep telling me to get back on BC to straighten out my period but i told her that i am not getting back on BC, because i fear that is what got me in the position i am in now. my mama was never diagnosed with anything but i do see a lot of the signs you mentioned in her.

Quoting Trinity0820:

i had infertility. I lost two children in 3 months and it took me nearly 2 whole years to concieve and carry to term. It is hereditary. My mom, my sister and I have it and my dd and anyother dds i may have will probably have it too. Skin tags anywhere are also a sign. Whatever you do, do not take someone saying no thats not what you have or no we dont have tests for that... I did that and probably wouldnt have had such a hard time getting pregnant if i would have stuck to my guns. Birth control is also not the only thing that can fix it. Metformin can to. ( i was told by a dr who thought I was too young for a child that that was my only choice... I realize now it wasnt there darn decision to make.)

Quoting confused-mom:

Quoting Trinity0820:

Causes

•Genetic predisposition.

•Obesity.

Symptoms

• Multiple ovarian cysts
  • Infertility
  • Acne
  • Thinning of scalp hair
  • High blood pressure
    • Cortisol
    • Estrogens
    • Insulin.
    • progesterone
    • Prolactin.
    • Thyroid hormones.
  • Sleep apnea.
  • Depression

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)