Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 2yr old goes for surgery on Wednesday

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:13 PM
  • 17 Replies

So my 2yr old son goes in Wednesday morning to have his adenoids and tonsils shaved down. I was fine when we first scheduled the surgery because I know he needs it done, but now that we are only two days away I am freaking out! I don't know the difference between shaving down and removing, all the Dr really said was it is safer and a quicker heal time. I'm not exactly sure how all of this is going to work or how he will feel after. I am scared he will be in so much pain and I won't know how to make it better.

Has anyone else's kids had this done? What did u do for them? What kinds of food did they eat during recovery? Any other advice or input is greatly appreciated as well.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
criley0414
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM

anybody??

mom_2_3crzyboys
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM

wish i could help, hope it all goes well and he has a quick recovery!!! heres a bump for ya

Our twin identical boys were born August 24, 2009. Leeland Matthew was born at 6:54pm weighing 1lb, 6 oz. He fought for his life for 5 hours, but was too little to keep fighting. He passed away at 11:59pm the same night he was born. Landyn was born at 6:55pm weighing 1lb 11oz. He is fighting for his life in the NICU. He is a strong little baby and is doing very well.

This picture was taken by the NICU staff after Leeland passed away. Leeland is in the back and Landyn in the front.

mommy2zach
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM

I wish I could help you out some, but I honestly don't know. I will send many wishes your DS's way. I'm sure he will be just fine though! 

hugs

adri_nevarez
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:18 PM

My DD had her adenoids removed at 11 months.  She also had ear tubes inserted.  She couldnt' have her tonsils done because she was too young.  It was supposed to be outpatient but we ended up staying the night because she had a reaction to the anesthesia.  I was more comfortable staying the night!

bramamber
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:18 PM

My 2 year old son had them removed in May. It was a quick surgery. He was fine after the surgery. If u have any questions just send  PM me.

criley0414
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:19 PM

thanks ladies for your kind words... 

NavyWifey122305
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Things will go ok ! Hope he does recover fast lots of ice cream mommy and he should be just fine

big smile miniI love editing photos ! If you would like one done send me a PM big smile mini

criley0414
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

Things will go ok ! Hope he does recover fast lots of ice cream mommy and he should be just fine

see i thought of ice cream and jello things like that but someone told me warm things like mac n cheese or oatmeal... so idk

criley0414
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:48 PM

anyone else have any advice? 

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:52 PM

my dd had her adenoids removed at 12 months old....via laser surgery.....honestly she had no real effects and by afternoon was keeping up with her brother and sister in hour house...I had to work to keep her quiet and low key....LOL.  but she only had aednoids done..so not sure if it would be different.  Hugs and prayers 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)