Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you have you childs carseat?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:20 PM
  • 55 Replies

Right now I have Aiden in the middle. I feel that is where he is the safest for his seatbelt and accidents. Well when the baby comes I will be putting Aiden next to the door so the baby can go in the middle but I feel so bad. I feel like I have to take my son out of the safe zone for the new baby.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymarine306
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM

we have one carseat on each side of the car.

ImHisMommy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM

My son sits in the middle.  I have often wondered what I would do when I have another.

2babybats
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Us too.

Quoting lovemymarine306:

minimom11107
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I'm the same as you and now that my baby is 10 weeks old I think I need to move him to the other side. His carseat just doesn't seem as stable with the other car seat next to it. I felt horrible at first though b/c I felt like I was choosing the safety of one over the other.

sky.jpg Horizon picture by minimom11107

mammapickle

The rule you hear alot around here is put the least protected child in the most protected spot. so for example if you have a ff and an infant carrier but the ff in the middle and the carrier on the side because the carrier still offers more protection.

lvnmylif

I have two in he second row and one in the third row.  My oldest doesn't sit in a car seat anymore and he sits next to the window.  We have side curtain air bags and I hope they help reduce injury in the event of an accident for all of them.  On a side note try not to beat yourself up about these things.  If you let yourself fell guilty for every single thing it's going to eat you alive.

SunnyJoJo
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Right now it's in the garage. lol! But we install it in the middle of every vehicle. It's actually easier to be able to sit on the seat and take her out and buckle her in. And, her car seat tells us it's the safest place for her.

Don't beat yourself up over it though. The least protected child (a newborn) would need that spot more. It's not like your first born isn't in a car seat. He's still protected.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

chairhead28
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Quoting lovemymarine306:

Yep. My son is on the passanger side door (just turned FFing...he's 2 1/2 and met the height/weight requirement for his seat) and my DD is 13 months and she's RFing in  a Graco MyRide on the drivers side door...their car seats won't fit to where someone can fit in the middle...when it was just my son he was in the middle and when my DD was born he had to go to the side door and so did DD...I felt so bad too. But, as long as their car seats are safe and everything....feel assured they'll be okay.

I'm Kristina. I'm a married (to my high school sweetheart, Bobby), breastfeeding (and child-led weaning), co-sleeping, baby wearing, ERF, solid delaying, vegetarian (for over 16 years), vaccinating, disposable diapering, gentle disciplining, full-time college student, House MD loving, anorexia, self-injury and sexually abuse recovering, Fibromyalgia suffering SAHM to a handsome boy (Daniel Matthew 5.5.07) and my darling little boobie monster (Ryleigh Madison 9.13.08).

People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available.  ~Chele Marmet

01.Amey.07
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:24 PM

My children both ride at the door, the middle seat in my vehicle simply is not an option.

Kyliees_mommy08
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM

in a car...lol.................i have my daughter in the middle

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)