Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you don't vaccinate your kids, do you have the right to get mad??????

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:44 PM
  • 277 Replies

Ok, I'm a teacher and we recently had an outbreak of pertussis (whopping cough) in our school.  Well, I had a mom come and demand to know what class the infected child is in b/c her child hasn't been vaccinated.  I'm just wondering.....if you don't have your child vaccinated, do yo have the right to get mad if they are exposed or even get an illness that could have been prevented by a vaccine? 

Let me just say that I am all for parents choosing not to vaccinate if they don't want too. It's you child and you can make the appropriate choice for your child and your family.  BUT, I'm not sure you have a right to be upset if your child is exposed or becomes ill with a preventable illness.  And I'm full aware that even WITH receiving vaccines children can still get a particular illness.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tiffanydshives
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM

She made that choice not to...She has to deal with it..She has no reason to be mad at except herself.

Not.So.Virginal
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM

i would be kinda mad that a sick child wasnt sent home... but not so much that my child got sick just because they weren't vaccinated

it's the same way at my husband's work.... i get upset when he comes home with a cold because guys at work dont stay home when they are sick.... his boss actually told another guy to get back into work because he had taken 3 days off... he had some kind of virus and was still sick but the boss said he had to come in

Skys_mommy86
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Hell yes I have the right to get mad or be upset. I also would have the right to know just like other mothers. Just because other parents decide to be sheep and vaccinate and spread the lovely stuff doesnt mean that I have no say. This is a very backwards question.

Lilypie

Lilypie
Turb0Happy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I'll get the popcorn for this one, anyone want to bring margaritas?

popcorn

mommyoftwo103
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I would say no, sorry. She chose not to vaccinate, learn to live with the consequences.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Quoting Skys_mommy86:

Hell yes I have the right to get mad or be upset. I also would have the right to know just like other mothers. Just because other parents decide to be sheep and vaccinate and spread the lovely stuff doesnt mean that I have no say. This is a very backwards question.

eye rolling

Photobucket

matofour
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM

I don't think its up to you to decide how people feel about anything.

This mother did have a right to know which class the infected child (who I can almost gurantee had been vaxed) was in. 

NavyWifey122305
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:50 PM

No she chose not to vaccinate and take the risks of her child having a higher chance of getting certain illness'.

But I thought your child has to have all vaccines and be up to date in order to go to school ?

big smile miniI love editing photos ! If you would like one done send me a PM big smile mini

aritoyh
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:50 PM

I dont vax and I wouldnt be mad. Its a personal decision to choose not too.I do not believe she had any right to get mad at the school or anything...if she is that worried she has every right to keep her child home until the outbreak is under control.

rockinmom82
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Quoting mommyoftwo103:

I would say no, sorry. She chose not to vaccinate, learn to live with the consequences.

My Amazing, Wonderful Family!!!

in love
Sarah, wife to Matthew (9/18/08)

toddler boy        toddler girl      baby girl
Mom to Sebastian (7/24/04), Anastasia (7/24/04) and Cailin (8/25/09)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)