Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you tip when you pick up food?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:02 PM
  • 23 Replies
I just read a story of Outback Steakhouse staff being mad at Miley Cyrus because she didn't tip. Then they said she didn't eat there just picked up the food. I don't see the big deal, if I go to Chilis they bring it out and I'll tip then but, other than that no. So do you tip when you pick up your food?

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mushmom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:03 PM

No, I don't.  They aren't waiting on me, bringing me refills etc.

gypsy_rose
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:03 PM

ummm...no that would be like tipping a mcdonalds employee. They are not serving you so why should there be a tip?

babygirl4326
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:04 PM

No, I only tip the waitress if I stay and eat, they were probaly mad because she's a star and they were just expecting it.  (Cuz she's got the money)

mommatbot
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:04 PM

I don't, but they probably making a big deal because she's Miley.

Jadegirl1819

I think when you are a celebrity they expect you to tip for everything...

I only tip when they bring stuff to the car for curb side.  If I go in and get it I don't.

SunnyJoJo

Exactly this.

Quoting mushmom:

No, I don't.  They aren't waiting on me, bringing me refills etc.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

lvnmylif
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:05 PM

It depends on the restaurant.  The ones who have people working at the counter all evening I do because I figure they are missing out on a night of tips.  Ones that someone just comes up and grabs your food real quick then gets back to their tables I don't.

shajdinyak
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Sometimes I do.  I think it was from being a server in college.  Usually the one that brings the food out is who got it readyy.  Put it in a bag, with silveware, condiments, napkins and printed out check, etc.

tha-hawt-mommie

1 resturant i do -- bc i worked there and the cashier/hostess/busser who gets the to-go orders , has to do it all ... they dont just pick up the bag. they get the food out the pots,put it in the containers,make the salad (that comes w/ it), just make sure everything is there ... no one is there to help them w/ any of that .. and besides that they have to check ppl out and crap. and u get bitched at if u dnt get the to go right away and if u leave ppl at the register so its like wtf u want me to do? LOL ... so i usually tip them bc that shit was stressful! LOL 

*Do you have a 2008/2009 Baby? Love taking pics and videos of them? Join my contest group!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/2008-2009-photo-and-video

*Do you love hip-hop music? Come join my hip-hop hunnies group & keep hip-hop alive!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/hip-hop-hunnies

2babybats

Yep I do. I worked at a restaurant before and it was still a pain in the butt to get every one's take out orders ready. So I feel for them when I get take out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)