Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have a clue why????

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:04 PM
  • 11 Replies

So tonight they are going to try and induce me again...

The thing is that my doctor said to come to the hospital around 9-10pm. He originally said to come around 8-9pm but then remembered that they had my paperwork from earlier this week and then just said I could come in from 9-10pm.

The midwives (I live in Germany) usually take care of you (administer the cervadil, IVs, Heparin lock, etc.).

Just curious if anyone would know why they would have me come in so late....

Pregnancy ticker its a boy

Need to get out those frustrations? Love the "vent of the day" posts? Join my group! click here

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Je_Jette_Poo
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Not sure.

I remember when I went into labor, my doctor told me to come in around 11 that night if my contractions hadn't sped up. They sped up though and I got there around 10 30. Maybe they want to get you there, and then just have you sleep while they give you medicine?

AandCsmomBrandy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:07 PM

the begining process takes sooooo long. they probably want you to come in late so that you can sleep during the "down" times. it takes about 4-6hrs for the active labor to begin usually, so until then sleep!!!! good luck and I hope for you that by this time tomorrow you are holding your LO!!

neenerashley
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Less people at hossys at night i guess. Also it takes a long time so they may expect you to deliver early in the morning the next day.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

lcappytan05
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:13 PM

i hope that's the case. I went in on Wednesday and got a total of 4 pills until saturday morning and only had a total of maybe 3 contractions...and only dialated to 1cm....

Quoting neenerashley:

Less people at hossys at night i guess. Also it takes a long time so they may expect you to deliver early in the morning the next day.

Need to get out those frustrations? Love the "vent of the day" posts? Join my group! click here

kylesmom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:13 PM

It is a long process I went in to be induced at 10pm my son was not born until 3pm the next day 

momma2-3boys
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Like everyone said it is a long process.  You're forcing your body to do a natural process of labor. 

I went in to be induced at 31 1/2 weeks no progress what so ever.  I got the cervidil at 10 pm that night and the pitocin around 8 am and had a c-section 10pm that night. 

jeromeo
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Don't know.  When I was induced I went in in the morning.  They started pitocin at 7:00 and broke my water at 8:00 I had my daughter at 9:00.  It was very fast!  Sorry, I can' t help!

Good luck on a healthy delivery and baby!

mirandar2001
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Most likely so you can try to rest before the hard work comes.  Same for me, I went in at 9 pm and my DD was born 7:14 am. Contractions kept me awake. Also since your husband won't be allowed to stay overnight, he can be there in the morning when you are hopefully close to delivery. What time is it there now?

INTERESTED IN SAVING ON YOUR GROCERY BILL? LOVE COUPONING? JOIN US!  Just click on our group siggy! See you there!

Hrivera5
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:26 PM

I agree with the reasons everyone else gave.

but GEEZ girl, I have been reading all your posts and I can't wait to hear that you finally have that baby!  Pretty stubborn LOL!  Good luck this time!!!!!!!

Please update and post pictures! 

lcappytan05
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:33 PM

it's about 8:30pm now...

Quoting mirandar2001:

Most likely so you can try to rest before the hard work comes.  Same for me, I went in at 9 pm and my DD was born 7:14 am. Contractions kept me awake. Also since your husband won't be allowed to stay overnight, he can be there in the morning when you are hopefully close to delivery. What time is it there now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)