Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg Omg Omg I'm freaking out here! *UPDATE in red*

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:06 PM
  • 28 Replies

So about 3 or so months ago my husband was contacted by Honeywell for a possible position in DC or Hawaii. He talked to the guys on the phone, and when they didn't call him back he called them a couple weeks later. They then said that they filled the position in Hawaii, and they had a more qualified candidate for the job in DC. No big deal, really. The job would have been a nice improvement in lifestyle for us, but we would be fine. Since then he decided NOT re-enlist, another plan we had. So we've accepted the fact that for the next few years we would be both working part time, attending school and he would continue in the Air Reserves.

Well he just called me to say that Honeywell has called him AGAIN and offered a job in Connecticut, or Rhode Island if he preferred.  I'm freaking out because...well I don't know why. I'm just in shock. He told them he would like to finish out the semester, unless the pay was substantial enough.  I can't believe it. This would be an AMAZING opportunity for him, as he wants to be an electrical engineer.  I'm so so so glad he didn't re-enlist!

***Got a text as I'm writing this, does anyone live in or near Newport, RI? How is it?***

********* 10/29-He got a formal offer yesterday for a position as an Associate Engineer. We're moving to New London, CT! I'm excited, and scared and nervous all at the same time.************

Humans kill an estimated 100 million sharks each year. Sign this petition to establish a global ban on shark finning. CLICK HERE

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissacst
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:09 PM

yeaaaaaa! go DH. have a good time there, i've always wanted to live upstate but 'm in TX 

qustnmrk28
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Im soo...happy for you guys!!!!!  Keep us posted and good luck to all of you!

Helen =)

Mrs.Grasshopper
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:11 PM

congrats!!!

I hope things work out for you!!

schunmom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:12 PM

That is awesome!! I always believe that everything happens for a reason!

UxorQuodMatris
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Thanks ladies. I'm still in a bit of shock, lol, I have tears in my eyes. We really thought that ship had sailed.

mirandar2001
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Congratulations! But if you move, what about your schooling? Maybe you could transfer. That's great!

INTERESTED IN SAVING ON YOUR GROCERY BILL? LOVE COUPONING? JOIN US!  Just click on our group siggy! See you there!

txgrl4lf
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Congrats! ! ! dancing

JenB1983
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Congratulations! My DH was born and raised in Warwick RI.  We've gone out there to visit numerous times; and RI is gorgeous!  If it wasn't for the fact that my in-laws are out htere, I would love to live out that way.  LOL

NavyWifey122305

dont live anywhere near there but wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS !!! How exciting !

You guys should all go out and celebrate this evening ! What a great way to start the week ! See mondays arent so bad lol

big smile miniI love editing photos ! If you would like one done send me a PM big smile mini

scootermom

Quoting qustnmrk28:

Im soo...happy for you guys!!!!!  Keep us posted and good luck to all of you!

Helen =)

Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)