Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Walking shoes ???

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:24 PM
  • 5 Replies

Does a baby first pair of shoes have to be walking shoes . I'm having a very hard time finding them at stores around my town .  Why do they say a babys first pair of shoes should be walking shoes?  Can i buy my son just a pair of regular shoes or What ?

My son has been walking for two days now .
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AUTHORofFICTION
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:27 PM

If he's not walking, I don't think it really matters. If he is walking then he'll need a shoe that will support his ankle.

I WRITE BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO LEGALLY KILL SOMEONE.       

nemiller
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:29 PM

unless he's walking, it doesn't matter.  and if he is walking, it's worth finding a pair of good shoes for him.  i found walking shoes for my son as small as a size 2.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:38 PM

i only buy jordans and nikes and chuck taylors. even w/ my son ... he never had 'walking shoes' ... when he learned to walk he still wore his hard bottome j's , nikes and chucks ... my daughter has the same brands shoes , ill do the same w/ her as well.

but my friend swears by these shoes @ walmart w/bells on them or something. i personally never had them , but she bought them for both her kids.

*Do you have a 2008/2009 Baby? Love taking pics and videos of them? Join my contest group!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/2008-2009-photo-and-video

*Do you love hip-hop music? Come join my hip-hop hunnies group & keep hip-hop alive!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/hip-hop-hunnies

sgeorge0505
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Children's feet aren't always fully developed so putting hard soled shoes on them too early can hurt their feet. If your child is walking then make sure the shoes you buy are flexible (in the sole) until they are two. If your child is not walking yet then buy the ones with the really soft soles. Stride Rite has alot for crawlers with rubber on the toes so they don't get tore up. And as a PP said make sure their ankles are supported until they become a sturdy walker.

"Here's to us Army Wives. The sad Army Wives, the angry Army Wives, the strong Army Wives. A toast to you for falling apart and putting yourselves back together. Because a paycheck isn't enough, a body pillow in your bed is no consolation and a webcam can never compare!"

cheers smiley Pictures, Images and Photos

Sarah, Loving Wife to Sgt. George and Mommy to Johnathan Jr!

tab9344
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:44 PM

If he is not walking, standing yet then I don't believe that it matters. I finally put a pair of walking shoes on my son when he was 7 mths, after I had bought several pair of nice shoes, that did not support his ankles like they needed to be.

I got the walking shoes at WalMart for only about $10.00, they have them @ stride rite also, but they are so much more expensive.

But do what you feel is best for your son not what every one else tells you to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)