Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IM SO SCARED IS IT A COLD OR WHAT?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

My 13 yr old son has not had the flu but one time when smaller in 13 yrs he does have allergys and get a cold now and then.Well he came home friday coughing,sniffing no fever not sick no sore throat etc.He rides the bus in mornings and soon as I walk up the hill he takes his coat off and i have to yell at him to put back on very hot natured.Gave him alcasulzer last nite seemd okay.The nurse  called just now told me he had no fever but was coughing and sniffing and someone had to pick him up and if still sniffing keep him home till he isnt anymore.Yes i'm terrified and scared what if its the h1 virus he went to get shot this weekend and they said no because hes sick.Thanks for listening im just a nervous person and very scared right now.Anne

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Ladyinthewater
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I wouldn't worry yet. my son was sick last week with fever of 105 cough sniffles the whole nine yards it was just a cold. My kid never gets sick but i don't freak out. keep a level head it will be fine

I am Kritterz a Tattoo Lovin, Married to a Punk Rocker, Pro "green", Co sleeping, Vax my Kid, anti-Obama, Pro Choice,  non-believer in "god"  Public school hating  , Jersey Girl, Pro Spanking,, True blood watcher Twlight Lover Harry Potter Fan,, I am not here to be bashed or judged, I am here for the fun, I hate the drama, I don't care how you raise your kids and don't expect you to care how i raise mine. Your way is right and so is mine . If you don't like what i think or feel well thats fine. 

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:37 PM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:
Advice for Moms

Medical questions

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

dusky_rose
by Sue on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:40 PM

It might be allergies... if he doesn't get a fever at night thats what I would think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)