Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You won't believe this!!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:12 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ok, yes, the title is just a ploy to get people to look. lol. This question (these questions) are for the ladies who are currently in school--whether it's online courses or actually going to the school (college/tech school/whatever). If you're not in school, you can just close this and move on (or bump if you feel like being nice-lol).

What are you going to school for?

How do you like it?

Are you doing the courses online or a the campus?

What school(s) would you recommend?

I'm going to be going back to school....hopefully soon. And I think I'm going to go for Business (Management, maybe...still deciding). Is anyone else going to school for this? Or, went to school for that?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jothra
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I got done in 2007, but I did online classes to go from AA in Nursing to Bachelors =) I did have to do clinicals, but I did it through one of the cal state schools, so tuition was so much cheaper! I loved doing online, only way I could still work, raise a newborn, and care for the house!

mom_love07
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:19 PM

I am going to school. I am doing all online courses through DeVry for Graphoc Web Design.

I love it. It makes things easier for me because it is flexible. I don't have to be in class at a certain time and all that. The only thing I don't like is that while it is niice having the flexiblity it is also easy to keep pushing the classes back. By that I mean that you may decide oh I'll do them later and do this now, then later you will find soemthing else and so on.

I have done this a few times, you just have to keep that a priority. And remember that even though you might not have set class times, there are still time contraints [at least where I am doing classes online at] to when assingments need to get done.

As for a school for what you want to go for, I am not sure. I think DeVry has an online course for that, but I am not certain. Maybe you should check out some school sites and request information or set up a call to talk to someone from the school and see what they have to offer, like class, degree, and finiacial aid wise. And decide from there.

gilbertgrl627
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:21 PM

That's what I'm thinking (online instead of campus). I have two kids: a 2 1/2 year old and a 7 week old. Sooooo much easier if I could just stay home and not have to worry about putting them in daycare or trying to find a sitter (closest relative is 2 1/2 hrs away and all of my friends work or go to school during the day).

Do you like nursing? My DH said I'd probably be good at it, b/c I'm so good with people.....but needles kinda creep me out. Like, I can have blood taken, but I don't think I could be the one sticking people. lol.

Quoting jothra:

I got done in 2007, but I did online classes to go from AA in Nursing to Bachelors =) I did have to do clinicals, but I did it through one of the cal state schools, so tuition was so much cheaper! I loved doing online, only way I could still work, raise a newborn, and care for the house!

OneToughMami
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:22 PM

What are you going to school for? I am a United States History major with two minors. One minor is in Political Science with a concentration in American Public Policy. The other is in Religious Studies with a concentration in Eastern religions and culture.

How do you like it? I am a big fan. The best decision of my life was to stop going to school for Sports Management and start over with a History major.

Are you doing the courses online or a the campus? On the campus.

What school(s) would you recommend? I am highly partial to Cedar Crest College, Fordham University, and Millersville

Nicole88
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Hey! I'm currently taking online classes with the University of Phoenix for Elementary Education but I honestly hate it just because I found out recently that teaching isn't something I want to do.

I'm trying to switch to a local community college for business classes...fingers crossed. lol

But yeah...hating my degree makes me hate the school and not to mention it's insanely expensive if you don't have the military discount that I have.

Good luck!!

gilbertgrl627
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:28 PM

What will you do when you graduate? Teacher? I'm curious, b/c it sounds very interesting (and I'm being sincere).

Quoting OneToughMami:

What are you going to school for? I am a United States History major with two minors. One minor is in Political Science with a concentration in American Public Policy. The other is in Religious Studies with a concentration in Eastern religions and culture.

How do you like it? I am a big fan. The best decision of my life was to stop going to school for Sports Management and start over with a History major.

Are you doing the courses online or a the campus? On the campus.

What school(s) would you recommend? I am highly partial to Cedar Crest College, Fordham University, and Millersville

saqmdb
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:32 PM

I am taking online classes through University of Phoenix.  I am going for Human Services/Management.  I really like taking online classes because then I do not have to find someone to watch my kids, and I can do the work whenever I have time.

linnet4
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:32 PM

I just graduated last year with a BS in business management and 3 months before graduation decided that's not what I wanted to be when I grow up LOL, but I still finished though. I always liked school and when I was going I enjoyed going to the campus because it gave me a chance to interact with other people, plus I got more one on one with the instructor.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

gilbertgrl627
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:33 PM

I've seen commercials for them (DeVry). Of course, I'm in the metro area (Twin Cities) so I see a TON of commercials for schools (and my DD likes to sing along to them-lol). I'll check them out now! Thanks a bunch!!

Quoting mom_love07:

I am going to school. I am doing all online courses through DeVry for Graphoc Web Design.

I love it. It makes things easier for me because it is flexible. I don't have to be in class at a certain time and all that. The only thing I don't like is that while it is niice having the flexiblity it is also easy to keep pushing the classes back. By that I mean that you may decide oh I'll do them later and do this now, then later you will find soemthing else and so on.

I have done this a few times, you just have to keep that a priority. And remember that even though you might not have set class times, there are still time contraints [at least where I am doing classes online at] to when assingments need to get done.

As for a school for what you want to go for, I am not sure. I think DeVry has an online course for that, but I am not certain. Maybe you should check out some school sites and request information or set up a call to talk to someone from the school and see what they have to offer, like class, degree, and finiacial aid wise. And decide from there.

gilbertgrl627
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Was it hard? How long did you go for? lol, Will go back for something else that you love?

Quoting linnet4:

I just graduated last year with a BS in business management and 3 months before graduation decided that's not what I wanted to be when I grow up LOL, but I still finished though. I always liked school and when I was going I enjoyed going to the campus because it gave me a chance to interact with other people, plus I got more one on one with the instructor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)