Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am at a loss as to what to do

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:27 PM
  • 14 Replies
I have a VERY HARD TIME getting my 3 yr old boy to take a nap or go to bed. He screams when he finds out its naptime or bedtime and wakes my 4mth old up. He does stay in his room but he is very loud on purpose and he stays up as long as he can. Most of the time its 2-2.5 hours before he finally goes to sleep. I have tried the supernanny thing of sitting in his floor with my head down and put him back in bed when he gets out but that doesent work. I am so exhausted between dealing with him dealing with a teething baby and getting up at night with the baby. I dont know what to do.

Im lindsey a 22 year old  married,christian,sahm to two little boys Landan and Colin,formula feeding,vaxing,bottle propping on occasion,ff at 1 year,cio method using,spanking when needed,likes to sing but not in public,my mom is my best friend,110% pro-life,I dont support being gay or ,this is who I am if you don't like it Im sorry.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2twoboyz22
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:37 PM
Bump

Im lindsey a 22 year old  married,christian,sahm to two little boys Landan and Colin,formula feeding,vaxing,bottle propping on occasion,ff at 1 year,cio method using,spanking when needed,likes to sing but not in public,my mom is my best friend,110% pro-life,I dont support being gay or ,this is who I am if you don't like it Im sorry.

shajdinyak
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Bump

KrystalY
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Bump.  Sorry, no idea. 

CafeMom Tickers
jothra
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:40 PM

My 3 yr old doesn't take naps any more. Now we just have quiet time with a movie.

mommatbot
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM

This too shall pass??? I really don't know, I'm in somewhat of the same boat. I let my son sleep with us when we moved to where we are now, and now when I try to get him to sleep in his bed, he's like a newborn and wakes up constantly, and will stay awake for hours before he konks out. I gove in and let him sleep with us becuase that is how I'll get sleep. Our pedi said 2 is too old for a nap...but he still gets one, he is a monster without a nap. I know I need to buckle down.

Good luck.

linnet4
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:43 PM

I feel ya.. I'm in that situation right now.. Would like to know what others have to say.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

amanda357
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I think it's time to say good-bye to naps. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

I_love_my_girls.gif my girls image by Phoebe_066         I_love_my_boys_1.gif boys image by lkfitz

Mommy2twoboyz22
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:44 PM
Thats how mine is. No nap and he is a bear

MrS96sS
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM

i think its time for him to stop taking naps that way he sleeps at night...!

newmommyas1107
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM

My almost 2 year old is the same way. I lay down with her for about 10 minutes rubbing her back than all of a sudden her eyes get heavy and out like a light she is. Maybe at bedtime (if you can) lay with him for a few minutes and rub his back. It soothes them knowing that mommy is there and nothing is going to harm him in anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)