Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i make my husband get a REAL JOB?? Really? EDITED

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:36 PM
  • 76 Replies
My husband has been running a bodyshop for almost a year now. I admit he is AWESOME AT PAINTING AND BODYWORK however the shop isent going to work as a source of actual income. By the time he pays shop rent(400) and buys supplies he is luckey to profit a couple hundred. He always needs extra money sometimes. Not even just that he is too cheap on his prices( he just painted a guys truck for 450.00) and i have told him to charge more and he wont listen. He doesent make them sign contracts he has had alot of people not pay him. Our bills are only 1200.00 a month if he got a real job he wouldent have to worry about paying supplies and rent and we would be fine.i have talked to him before about it and he wont listen. I AM TRYING TO FIND TWO KIDS TO WATCH TO BRING IN 600 A MONTH AND I HAVE OFFERED SEVERAL TIMES TO DO HIS OFFICE WORK AND MAKE APPOINTMENTS FROM HOME ECT.HE DOESENT WANT ME TO I GUESS.I HOPE THE SHOP DOES WORK OUT.I KNOW ITS HIS PASSION HOWEVER HE WONT TAKE MY ADVICE ON HOW TO MAKE IT WORK

Im lindsey a 22 year old  married,christian,sahm to two little boys Landan and Colin,formula feeding,vaxing,bottle propping on occasion,ff at 1 year,cio method using,spanking when needed,likes to sing but not in public,my mom is my best friend,110% pro-life,I dont support being gay or ,this is who I am if you don't like it Im sorry.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2twoboyz22
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:39 PM
Bump

Im lindsey a 22 year old  married,christian,sahm to two little boys Landan and Colin,formula feeding,vaxing,bottle propping on occasion,ff at 1 year,cio method using,spanking when needed,likes to sing but not in public,my mom is my best friend,110% pro-life,I dont support being gay or ,this is who I am if you don't like it Im sorry.

MommaChristmas
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Make him take over paying the household bills, so he can see what goes in and what goes out.

Mommy2twoboyz22
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:48 PM
That would be a disaster. He SUCKS AT MANAGING MONEY. THATS WHY I PAY THE BILLS. If he payed them we wouldent have anything. IF he makes any money its gone within a couple days

ashleigh24
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I'm sorry I don't have a clue. My brother in law is doing landscaping and he has to support 3 kids and his wife and they are doing horrible. Its not his fault though cuz he had a good job at Ingalls making good money but he paid his ex wife child support for a whole year at the beginning of the year with tax money. Then he started working and she said she needed more money cuz she spent it all so she reported him and they started taking it out of his check every month when he already paid her. So he wasn't making any money. He had to quit and go back to landscaping but its sad. I think maybe find a job he might like and show him or tell him about it. Maybe throw some hints out there. Tell him he could still do the painting and stuff when he is off work and make extra money!!

stacey made it

schunmom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Go out and pick up some applications and give them to him.

Mommy2twoboyz22
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM
He wouldent have anywhere to do it on the side sadly because you have to have a shop to paint in and like i said thats whats hurting it 400 mth plus it will be too cold to paint.

OneToughMami
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM

To him that is a real job. It's something he is good at, can do and probably enjoys. It's not that easy to just find a "real" job that is going to make him as fulfilled as he probably is doing auto detailing. Have you thought of doing something maybe on the weekends like home parties to make up the difference. I know a woman who makes close to $400 a week selling jewelry with those home parties. It's something you can set your own hours with and honestly, if you sell the right product it sells itself. 

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Why don't YOU go out and get a job?  Why is it only his responsibility to pay the bills?

jothra
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Add up all the money he is missing out on by not having a contract. Tell him all the things that money could go toward if he actually collected. That's tough, my hubby went through that and now has a tight contract for anything because of the few times he's gotten screwed over by business "friends".

AMom29
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Explain to him that most people work a full time job while they are building a small business.   THEN once it takes off, he can quit and do that full time.

Is there anything he wants that you can't afford?  A vacation?  Kid's stuff?  A good Christmas/birthday?  Maybe use that as an incentive.

Sit down with him and show him the bills and explain what you are doing so he can see what's what.

Good luck.

a wedding website

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)