Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opinions are like a**holes

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:04 PM
  • 43 Replies

I see so many bodacious opinions her on CM.

I wonder how many of you only voice those here in this forum, OR voice them whenever you feel like it.

For those of you who just can't keep your mouth shut, has it ever gotten you into trouble?

When you think you are right, do you make it a point to say so?

Do you live and let live in the outside world, but condemn people here in the privacy of your own home?

Just curious.......

Let's see how many people are brave enough to be real.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:08 PM

I will speak my mind especially when it is a subject i know well.  On here or in person.  Has my mouth gotten me in trouble sure it has, but i am generally quite and will keep it shut unless it is a subject i am passionate about.  I do know when to keep it shut or when to shut it.  I don't condemn people on here nor do i do it person.

missingbelle
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I give my opinion when asked, sometimes i put my foot in m mouth but i'm only human. I dont think i;m any different on here than in person.

TheTaoOfKim
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Quoting KyliesMom5:

I will speak my mind especially when it is a subject i know well.  On here or in person.  Has my mouth gotten me in trouble sure it has, but i am generally quite and will keep it shut unless it is a subject i am passionate about.  I do know when to keep it shut or when to shut it.  I don't condemn people on here nor do i do it person.

I understand what you mean. I try my best to overlook things that are super ignorant and not comment. Wait, was that condemnation?

possibly, lol

I definitely know when to keep my mouth shut.

aritoyh
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:12 PM

I get in alot of trouble in real life over my opinions....but I tend to try and keep quieter on here..to a point. =]

NeandSai
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM

i speak my mind to wherever and to who ever i want to..thats just me. im outspoken because thats how i expect others to be with me

Brandyh
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I am the same in real life as I am on here.  My friends love/hate that about me but they know if they ask a question they will get my honest opinion.  Sometimes I have learned to slightly tailor this but for the most part I call it how I see it....

yes this has gotten me in trouble......my one friend didn't talk to me for 2 weeks because I joked about buying holy water at the christian store......

MamaTasha08

I'm pretty much the same...

Quoting missingbelle:

I give my opinion when asked, sometimes i put my foot in m mouth but i'm only human. I dont think i;m any different on here than in person.

If I read a post asking for opinions, I give one if I feel like it.  If it's clearly labeled a "vent" I leave the judgement out and offer support if anything.  It's the same IRL for me.  If someone ASKS for my opinion I'm happy to give it, otherwise I keep it to myself.  I'm the type of person who doesn't do well with opinions shoved down my thoat, so I'd never do that to someone else.

yayay15

I don't just randomly bring up subjects with people to argue but if we are on the subject, yes I will voice my opinion. 

TheTaoOfKim
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Quoting Brandyh:

I am the same in real life as I am on here.  My friends love/hate that about me but they know if they ask a question they will get my honest opinion.  Sometimes I have learned to slightly tailor this but for the most part I call it how I see it....

yes this has gotten me in trouble......my one friend didn't talk to me for 2 weeks because I joked about buying holy water at the christian store......

I am the same way. All of my friends know me and know me well. I have a zero tolerance for bullshit policy. If my friends don't want the truth, they don't ask for advice. If my friends vent/rant, I never offer my opinion. Everyone deserves the right to clear the air.

Sometimes though at work I get myself into trouble. 'woops' lol which is hilarious to think about because I am a teacher.

paganbaby
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:17 PM

shouting

A quote from Ghandi:

I like your Christ.....I don`t like your Christians......they are so unlike Christ

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)