Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

school moms

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

how did u manage to handle your oldest child's first day of school did you cry were you ok how did u manage? my 3 year old starts preschool on the 19th and im happy but sad that she is growing up too fast  

Follow me join my groups No Backing down momma's

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
OAmy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Um...I bawled and bawled. He is in 2nd grade now and my little one just started kindergarten this year. When my son started school, my mother in law stopped over the night before and she thought someone died! I was hyperventillating...literally. I'm a teacher and I know how cruel kids can be...there was something so hard about turning him over to the world. I cried for two weeks at work when it was my lunch period because he ate at the same thime. I wanted to be with him!

It was just as hard with my daughter. Once we got into a routine, I got better!

Good luck to you!

OneToughMami
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:40 PM

First day of Kindergarten she couldn't get on her bus because they never sent me my information. I had to drop her off at the school and pick up my packet. Well, I cried when she hugged me and said "You can go home now." First day of First Grade, I cried because she'd be gone all day.

shakesrear
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:40 PM

I would never have thought about crying. My kid was ready to go to school for more than a year before she went. She had been in a day care since she was 4 months old and she was so excited about going to school. She's also rather advanced, so a couple of months after starting, the school decided to skip her up a grade. I was nervous about that, but now after a year, I know it was the right thing to do.

hholllyy426
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:03 PM

I only have one child and I cry, really cry. He's in second grade now and every year I cried on the first day of school. When he does something milestone related I cry then too. I don't forsee a time when I won't cry. LOL

southernjess3
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM

i dropped her off at school, drove to the grocery store, and cried and chainsmoked for an hour before going in to grocery shop..im pretty sure everyone thought i was crazy..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)