Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ewe! What the heck is in Chocolate Syrup??!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

I just bought some Great Value (Walmart brand) Chocolate syrup the other day. Went to make some chocolate milk and happened to read the back and this is what it said....

Allergy Warning: May contain traces of milk, eggs, anchovies, peanuts, wheat, and soy.

What?! Anchovies???!!!! In my chocolate syrup? WTH! Oh and the key word phrase is "May contain"...huh? Like they don't know if it's in there or not?! Wierd. Anyway...just thought I'd share.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarahtaj
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

lol gross

Sarah Mother to

Triston Alexander June 27th 2005

Landon William August 6th 2009

jensmommy0809
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Ew. But I think they put it there because it is made in the same factory as anchovies, peanuts..ect. They put it on there to ctb (cover their butt)

imechard
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM

They just put it on there because the factory they use to make it also processes anchovies in some way. They are just ruling out a law suit. It is funny though, I had something out last night and it said the same thing and it made me snicker

Michelle2080
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Oh, lol, this makes sense. I didn't think of that!!

Quoting jensmommy0809:

Ew. But I think they put it there because it is made in the same factory as anchovies, peanuts..ect. They put it on there to ctb (cover their butt)

Arlyah
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM

I'm pretty sure they put that on there because it was processed in a place that processes those other things. Just in case people have allergies.

littlestchef
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Not Chocolate, that's for sure!  Most often it's a bunch of un-natural flavorings....I stick with cocoa powder, at least I know it's real.

How`s my pregnancy doing?

dusky_rose
by Sue on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Quoting Arlyah:

I'm pretty sure they put that on there because it was processed in a place that processes those other things. Just in case people have allergies.

neenerashley
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Yum, how tasty .. chocolate covered mini fish!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

mrsjedwards
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:23 PM

glad i never read the label lol ew

allurasmamma
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:43 PM

made in the same factory as walmart brand everything. There is probably way more but none that pose a threat. Do you know that factory's are aloud to have 2% other stuff in it like, rat parts, bugs, body parts? Yeah. Because of the rats crawling around the machines and bugs. They are aloud 2%. Gross huh?

***   WHO'S WAR IS IT ANYWAY? ***

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)