Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2012; Lets think about this for just one moment, shall we?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM
  • 27 Replies

Do I thnk the world will come to a complete end? No. We have proof that this is when the planets will allign, which it happens every god knows how many years, just like Hailies comet. What will happen, in theory, it's suppsoed to flip our poles, which makes sense because the gravitational pull will be so out of wack that it won't even be funny. Theoretically, if the poles flip, then more than likely we will have some massive earthquakes across some of the fault lines. Which could possibly send of some volcanoes, which may even awaken the super volcano that sits underneith yellowstone national park. If that mother blows, the whole upper half of the United States will be screwed. But, we don't know just how quickly it will flip our poles. I foresee the super volcanoe blowing if it's an instant flip. If it's a slow flip, then it should be fine. Theoretically speaking, this is what COULD happen. One thing we do know is that our communcations systems will be screwed up for a day or two until the planets un-allign and earth goes back to the way it was. What the movie depicts, will probably NOT happen. Or at least not all of it. Earthquakes will probably happen, but not to that extent, tsunami's may occur because of the earthquakes but they won't be big enough to cover our entire planet. What do you think?

I am a vaccinating, pro-choice and pro-life, PA supporting, Wiccan, Miami Dolphins fan to the end, Twilight and Harry Potter loving, Team Edward, Rear facing until 1 year old/20 pnds, speak my mind, 21 year old mommy, and my Jazmyn is my world and my princess. If you have a problem with me, cry me a river, build me a bridge, and the hell over it.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I think I'm not going to worry about something I have no control over. 

Bamaborn
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Im not gonna worry about tomorrow...cuz I will miss out on what happens today. Looks like a good movie...probably will make millions.

~Kelly 

CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I think I hate you! LOL I live maybe 45 mins from yellowstone and volcanoes are my biggest fear to die by! If I have nightmares I will REALLY hate you!

jonesyj08
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Probably will. Because people are SSSOOO obessessed with wanting to know how the world will end that they'll want to go and see it. Honestly, I'm getting tired of hearing everyone say "well we're all going to die in 2012 anyways, so what diff does it make?" I'm just like "Really? Are you kidding me?" LOL. No one knows how the world is going to end or when. It's ridiculous the panic that things start.

Quoting Bamaborn:

Im not gonna worry about tomorrow...cuz I will miss out on what happens today. Looks like a good movie...probably will make millions.

~Kelly 

I am a vaccinating, pro-choice and pro-life, PA supporting, Wiccan, Miami Dolphins fan to the end, Twilight and Harry Potter loving, Team Edward, Rear facing until 1 year/20 pnds, speak my mind, 21 year old mommy, and my Jazmyn is my world and my princess. If you have a problem with me, cry me a river, build me a bridge, and the hell over it.

jonesyj08
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I hate volcanoes too. I live in Idaho, so if it were to ever go, we'd be screwed too. I remember watching something about it when I was 8 and wanting to move right after I watched it. It freaked my the hell out.

Quoting CoUrtNEyLeE:

I think I hate you! LOL I live maybe 45 mins from yellowstone and volcanoes are my biggest fear to die by! If I have nightmares I will REALLY hate you!

I am a vaccinating, pro-choice and pro-life, PA supporting, Wiccan, Miami Dolphins fan to the end, Twilight and Harry Potter loving, Team Edward, Rear facing until 1 year old/20 pnds, speak my mind, 21 year old mommy, and my Jazmyn is my world and my princess. If you have a problem with me, cry me a river, build me a bridge, and the hell over it.

Eveshalloween
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:16 PM

you know I was just talking to my hubby about this, everyone is feeling uneasy, something is changing in our world...something is going to happen. im scared as hell we are all gonna get hit with that damn palnet..or something else is going on..the Gov is going to talk to us about everything before the new year..its opening its x files..there is a change coming..

CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Where at do you live? I live in Rexburg and I had to be exempt from the lessons about volcanoes in school! LOL I am terrified of them!

Quoting jonesyj08:

I hate volcanoes too. I live in Idaho, so if it were to ever go, we'd be screwed too. I remember watching something about it when I was 8 and wanting to move right after I watched it. It freaked my the hell out.

Quoting CoUrtNEyLeE:

prego7386
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM

its supposed to flip the poles?? like how do you mean? that the earth will change and will be "upside down" i haven't heard of this before

newmommyas1107
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Noone knows for sure when the world is going to end. I mean think about when we hit the year 2000 all computers that were not a new one could crash. None of the computers crashed. Its them trying to scare everyone. Everyone has nothing else to do but think of some dumb idea that they can dream about and make people scared to death. 

motherbee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:59 PM

I think everyone is worried that that there are alot of things that are "marked" as the end of time being 2012.The mayan calender ending,the poles flipping and the planets aligning.What people don't realize is that the mayans never said that the world whould end in 2012,they don't believe this at all.They believe it will be a time of great change and really don't know what that change will be.The planets have aligned many tmes without any major problems and with the poles flipping yes it may cause problems, but doubtful it will end the world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)