Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I have the right to be upset.........

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:19 PM
  • 20 Replies

My husband just called me and said he bought a truck, I feel upset because he did not even talk to me about it, just went and did it!!!! Not that it could have been very expensive because it is a 93' Chev but he just didnt even bother to tell me until after the fact!

In my mind husband and wife should discuss things like buying vehicles!!! We have not been married long but still Idont think he would like it if i came home in a new car without telling him!! So now he has turned it all around and is treating me like crap because I said it would be nice if we could of done it together or if I would have known before the fact.........do I even have the right to be upset!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NEWMOMOF1
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM

YES. YOUR MAN KINDA SOUNDS LIKE MY DAD LOL

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:23 PM

yes you have the right. i would be. that is something that you should talk about. sorry but if i were in your shoes my husband would be in the dog house.

lrj42685
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:24 PM

I would be floored. When you are married those are joint funds the reason in my mind married people talk about big purchases is because sometimes we are all guilty of being so single minded about something we want that we will go and get it and not fully think through the consequences. Well if you talk with your spouse they may point out well xmas is coming up the kids need new shoes maybe in a month so on... I would be very angry if my husband had done that

scootermom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Yes you have the right to be upset, usually i think decisions like buying a car is usually made by both of you.  But sounds like my ex he bought a car without talking to me about it first because he got tired of the guys at work giving him a hard time about the car he had to drive to work, because it wasen't a really nice expensive car.

mandalouwhotn
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:25 PM

You have a right to be upset if it upset you, but it wouldn't upset me.

mrs.curtis07
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:25 PM

i know i'd be disappointed if my dh did that.

US Army - Iraqi Freedom Veteran Seal Pictures, Images and Photos

Pregnancy Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Allebas
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Yes--he DEFINATELY should have discussed this with you first!! My dad use to come home with a BRAND NEW car WITHOUT saying a word to my mom!!! She would be "OK!! WHATEVER!!" A few years ago, my DH comes home and is acting WEIRD, and his eyes looked WEIRD!!! Come to find out, he went and had LASIK EYE SURGERY WITHOUT bothering to tell me FIRST!!!! He said he wanted to surprise me!!!! I was like--well--you CERTAINLY DID surprise me!!!

EnigmaMuse
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:28 PM

I can understand the frustration. In my marriage, big purchases are to be discussed and then decided upon.

In your mind he should have spoken to you first. You guys, according to you, haven't been married very long. Do the two of you have a working understanding or agreement that you guys need to talk before such purchases are made?

MiosMommy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Totally!  I would be!

jenniepepsi
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM

lol sorry hon i cant help you here. ive always believed that the husband is in charge of making those decisions.

although i would have been a little put out that he didnt tell me he was going to or ask my opinion at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)