Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you buying your DH/SO?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:50 PM
  • 49 Replies

Okay so I know its still a ways out but usually quite a bit of people are already thinking what to buy family memebers for Christmas even if they don't start shopping until later.  Well I was wondering what all you women are planning to buy your DH/SO.  Maybe so I can get some ideas because the only think I can think of for my DH is either a Nintendo DS or PSP and thats a big present but I feel like I need to buy him at least a couple more things.  He's deployed right now so maybe thats why I want to buy a little more for him and I don't really expect him to really get me anything either because I don't know how he would.  And I can't really think of anything to give him and I really don't want to give him gift cards because to me that is tacky, well for this Christmas at least because this is the first Christmas since we got married, maybe 10 yrs down the line I won't care :P 

So what are you getting or thinking of getting your DH/SO and how many things are you planning to get him?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Emmy217
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Hubby and I are buying a house right now. Therefore, we decided that (along with the paint and things we want to start fixing it up) will be our christmas gifts. We did agree to do stocking for eachother, and that's it.  

nemiller
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:56 PM

ideally, i would like to be able to pull money together for him to get his next tattoo.  if i can, that'll be his big present, then he'll still get his "christmas eve pajamas" (family tradition) and stocking stuffers.  if i can't get him his next tattoo, i'll probably buy him the next couple seasons of "house" on DVD.  possibly ben sherman or fred perry shirts.  things i know he'll like, but he doesn't often go and get for himself.

blessedmommie07
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Noone else??

Emmy217
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:57 PM

FYI- keep your eyes open after thanksgiving. Last year my hubby bought me seasons 1, 2, and 3 of House. They were on sale at walmart for $15 each!

Quoting nemiller:

ideally, i would like to be able to pull money together for him to get his next tattoo.  if i can, that'll be his big present, then he'll still get his "christmas eve pajamas" (family tradition) and stocking stuffers.  if i can't get him his next tattoo, i'll probably buy him the next couple seasons of "house" on DVD.  possibly ben sherman or fred perry shirts.  things i know he'll like, but he doesn't often go and get for himself.

PaulDaniel
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:58 PM

A scanner for his truck and a wii with accesories and games. Also I have already gotten him a few DVDs and some Firefighter t-shirts, and a new firefighter lamp. I started shopping a while ago before I lost my job.

scootermom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:59 PM

I have no freaking clue what i'm going to get my SO for Christmas.  He is so hard to buy gifts for he said i could get him a gift certificate.  But i don't want to do that.  He loves Military plane models but he has closets full and i'd never know where to start.  He loves books but has about 1500 books in boxes that i'm making into a book inventory, and my luck i'd get hm a book and he'd already have it.  I thought about getting him one of the really nice wood planes that i've seen at the mall that they usually have this time of year, but i don't know.  Uggghhhh!

inspain
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:01 PM

He's getting a Kindle and an IOU so he can go with his pals to ComiCon.  Making geeks happy is a piece of cake.  ;-)

smilingmomma
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:01 PM

im hoping to be able to buy him a new reel  for xmas , but we shall see we have a baby due a few weeks  after  xmas so  who knows.

nemiller
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:02 PM

i have been keeping track of that, so i'm looking forward to them being on sale again.  i bought him seasons 1 & 2 for father's day.  they were bundled at target for $30.

Quoting Emmy217:

FYI- keep your eyes open after thanksgiving. Last year my hubby bought me seasons 1, 2, and 3 of House. They were on sale at walmart for $15 each!

Quoting nemiller:

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:02 PM

I have gotten him a couple of Old guy t-shirts, a cd, a digital camera and i am planning to get him an ipod.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)