Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have a couple things I want to do before 2010 when I ttc.  I want to learn how to crochet and knit.  Which would you suggest learning first?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
katandjohnmommy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:57 PM

I can do both but find crocheting was easier to start with and I still like it better than knitting.! 

-xoxo-
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I can't remember why but my teacher made me learn how to knit when I was in the 3rd grade. I tried to learn how to crochet as well, but still can't do it. IMO knitting is easier. 

Mrs_Ron
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Knitting.Crochet things are pretty but knit things just seem more significant.

nemiller
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:59 PM

i have no idea.  my grandma crochets, so i guess that's my suggestion, lol.

college.mom0f2
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:16 PM

I want to make socks, blankets, hats, mittens and scarves, is there anything I cannot make knitting/crocheting, like I have to specifically make socks by knitting or whatever.

katandjohnmommy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Quoting college.mom0f2:

I want to make socks, blankets, hats, mittens and scarves, is there anything I cannot make knitting/crocheting, like I have to specifically make socks by knitting or whatever.

I do blankets and scarves thats all I have done so far.

You can do all those things doing both you just need to get patterns.

I like crocheting better cause with knitting you have to use both wrists to move the needles with crocheting I only need on wrist to screw up with. For some reason I can crochet longer than I can knit. Knitting is faster though. You will just have to try both and see what you like

MotherLady
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I find Knitting to be a lot more fun... so that's what I'd go with. I've been Knitting since I can remember and can/do crochet sometimes but I actually enjoy Knitting and it's so quick, I can finish a whole skene of yarn in the time it takes me and the kids to watch a movie.

college.mom0f2
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Quoting MotherLady:

I find Knitting to be a lot more fun... so that's what I'd go with. I've been Knitting since I can remember and can/do crochet sometimes but I actually enjoy Knitting and it's so quick, I can finish a whole skene of yarn in the time it takes me and the kids to watch a movie.

Thanks, I think I will start with knitting then go to crocheting? I dont know lol, I am still half and half.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)