Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dizzy... ??

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:19 PM
  • 8 Replies

lately ive been getting really dizzy. it almost feels like im drunk or something. you know that dizzy feeling when you start getting a really good buzz going. ( but i havent had a drink in almost a year now, i got pregnant and am now breastfeeding )

then today it started and now my face is kind of tingly. it feels really weird. ( i am gonna make an appointment tomorrow, so im not on here looking for cafemom doctors, lol ) just wondering if anyone else has dealt with it.

last week when i was dizzy like this my heart felt like it was skipping a beat or something and it was doing it every few minutes so i found my pulse in my neck and everytime my chest felt like that my pulse would disappear for a beat then come right back. it freaked me out, but it stopped so i didnt worry about it anymore. but now with my face feeling all funny now im gonna call and get an appointment.

hubby is wondering if it could be sugar problems and i also had low blood levels after i had my daughter ( 3 months ago, csection ) but i got it checked a month later and they said they were fine now.

so anyway, point being...anyone else have this kinda stuff happen? just so i can bring different things up so they dont brush me off ( military doctors... )

pink ribbon

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ally1021
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:21 PM

here's a bump for you..I would go to the DR's, could be anything! I feel like that when i'm having a panic attack...

HuntersMomee
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:23 PM

thanks.

ive never had a panic attack before. and im not really stressed out or anything either. so idk

Quoting ally1021:

here's a bump for you..I would go to the DR's, could be anything! I feel like that when i'm having a panic attack...

pink ribbon

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Have your blood pressure checked when you're sitting AND when you're standing.  Also if you're bf-ing you need to make sure you're getting adequate amount of sustenance...you already know that   But I had that though I never lost my balance or lost my focus, I think mine was due to severe lack of sleep.  Anxiety could be the issue they might take your blood to check iron potassium platelets etc.   Also could be post pardum hormones..

Photobucket

HuntersMomee
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:27 PM

im definately eating good.

could be the lack of sleep. that comes with having a new born and a 4 yr old.

i havent lost my balance or anything and can see fine just really dizzy. enough where i have to stop everything im doing and either just stand there or sit down.

Quoting Apr1l:

Have your blood pressure checked when you're sitting AND when you're standing.  Also if you're bf-ing you need to make sure you're getting adequate amount of sustenance...you already know that   But I had that though I never lost my balance or lost my focus, I think mine was due to severe lack of sleep.  Anxiety could be the issue they might take your blood to check iron potassium platelets etc.   Also could be post pardum hormones..

pink ribbon

jannam
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:31 PM

It also may mean you have an arrhythmia- with the pulse thing and the dizziness, just definitely get it checked. 

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:31 PM

yea lack of sleep could be it then. It took me like 3 months till I felt normal again. ugh! Hope everything works out ok for you.

Quoting HuntersMomee:

im definately eating good.

could be the lack of sleep. that comes with having a new born and a 4 yr old.

i havent lost my balance or anything and can see fine just really dizzy. enough where i have to stop everything im doing and either just stand there or sit down.

Photobucket

mirandar2001
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I am diabetic. 2 weeks ago I started getting dizzy spells and actually passed out and hit the floor.  DH tested my sugar while I laid on the floor. Normal. I went to the doctor friday. Come to find out, I'm anemic. He told me my hemoglobin was 9, which is low, and I needed Iron. I'm slowly starting to feel better.

I have had extremely heavy cycles, and this last month I had lost 1/3 of my blood... and the Anemia.. Have the doctor check your hemoglobin..

INTERESTED IN SAVING ON YOUR GROCERY BILL? LOVE COUPONING? JOIN US!  Just click on our group siggy! See you there!

HuntersMomee
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:51 PM

thanks :) just wanted to get a few ideas to run across the doc with so they dont ignore me.

pink ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)