Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what kind of dog is in little rascals

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:20 PM
  • 35 Replies

Sorry the pic is so small, but anybody know what kind of dog this is?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfoursonsks
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:25 PM

I think the original one was a Pit Bull, but I don't know about the movie.

samthecat001
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:27 PM

American Pitbull Terrier

and yes your dog DOES look like Petey and yes it is most likey also a pitbull. lol

Never look a gift Chuck Norris in the mouth,
                        because he will bite your damn eyes off.

samthecat001
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:32 PM

oh and some people say american bulldog...but i dont believe so.... i think some people say that because of the stigma associated with the breed.  and the original was most definitely a pit bull.  the breed is well known for their great disposition with children so thats the dog they picked.... this was before all the bs media hype and abuse that these dogs get now.

nillamilkshake
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:34 PM

an american pitbull terrior (:

Treymama
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:38 PM

lol. My dog is an American Bulldog. Today is her 1st birthday, my son's 4th birthday and my 24th birthday. She does look like this dog, but I still wasn't sure. Sophie does look like a pitt though but we have papers for her she is a purebred american bulldog.

Quoting samthecat001:

American Pitbull Terrier

and yes your dog DOES look like Petey and yes it is most likey also a pitbull. lol

2babybats
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Yeah the original was a Pit but I'm pretty sure the one in the movie is an American Bulldog. That's just my guess from looking at the small picture though. I haven't seen the movie in FOREVER.

Quoting myfoursonsks:

I think the original one was a Pit Bull, but I don't know about the movie.

Treymama
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:43 PM

That's why we got Sophie, SO other wanted a dog, and I did not but he said american bulldogs and pitt bulls are really good with children. So I researched about both breeds, and everything I found was they have a really good disposition and temperament and are really really good with children. they need a lot of exercise, and a lot of attention and love. So I found sophie on the internet, 6 hours away from us one way and we drove to get her. and she definitely fits everything the internet said about her breed. She needs a lot and I mean a lot of attention and love. And she is awesome with my son. She is a great dog.

Quoting samthecat001:

oh and some people say american bulldog...but i dont believe so.... i think some people say that because of the stigma associated with the breed.  and the original was most definitely a pit bull.  the breed is well known for their great disposition with children so thats the dog they picked.... this was before all the bs media hype and abuse that these dogs get now.

OneToughMami
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:45 PM

American Pit Bull Terrier. I know this because it's in my ABPT book. I think that Petey is from the same bloodline as the original Petey :-)

samthecat001
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Quoting Treymama:

lol. My dog is an American Bulldog. Today is her 1st birthday, my son's 4th birthday and my 24th birthday. She does look like this dog, but I still wasn't sure. Sophie does look like a pitt though but we have papers for her she is a purebred american bulldog.

Quoting samthecat001:

American Pitbull Terrier

american bulldogs tend to be taller than pits.  and they look a little more .... buff boxers.  their faces pushed in a ibt more...more brachycephalic

mayeb your dog is a mix... american bulldog and pitbull terrier.  im gonna guess the rascal dog is too.  the breeds are so similar.

beautiful dogs!!!

2babybats
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I had to get a picture of my dog to compare. He's a Pit Bull.

I'm still leaning more towards American Bulldog for the one in the movie, but honestly it's hard to tell from just a picture of his face because they have a lot of the same facial features.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)