Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stinky tush help, sorry tmi!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:48 PM
  • 2 Replies

This is a little weird, but I need some help.....the internet searches I've done are only coming up with WEIRD stuff, lol.

So, a few days ago when I was getting my 2 y/o in the bath I noticed his tush smelled really bad.  He gets a bath every night, sometimes several times a day just because he loves the shower/bath so much!  So it isnt like we are just not keeping him clean.  And periodically throughout the the weekend I noticed it was still stinky.  Tonight when he was getting in the shower I noticed that his tush smelled bad again!!  So, needless to say, I made sure I washed him really good!  well.....as weird as it may sound, I checked to make sure his  tush didnt stink when he got out of the shower......but it did still stink!!  Not nearly as bad, but definitely not clean smelling, lol!!

He is potty trained, so he isnt in diapers all day or anything.  Plus, when he has a bowel movement, I wipe him with those flushable wipes to make sure he is really clean.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?  Maybe he had been gassy and that is causing the problem?  or do you think that maybe i am just not cleaning him as well as i thought?  please tell me i am not the only one with a kid this has happened to??!!  i never had this problem with my older son.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lvnmylif
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:52 PM

So this is going to sound very weird and a little TMI but have you checked under his penis.  My boys all accumulate some nasty stuff down there.  I never knew you had to lift and clean under the penis until my husband pointed it out.  If you don't it will start to get this real funky odar.  Hope it helps because other than that I don't know what to tell you.

andreaRC
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:59 PM

LOL, that is weird.  I have never actually done that to either of my boys before, and this is the first time I ever have had this problem.  I will check tonight before he goes to bed.   I figured the circular motion of cleaning him with the body poof in  the shower was enough.  I hope he isnt to weirded out when i check, lol!

thanks for the idea!

Quoting lvnmylif:

So this is going to sound very weird and a little TMI but have you checked under his penis.  My boys all accumulate some nasty stuff down there.  I never knew you had to lift and clean under the penis until my husband pointed it out.  If you don't it will start to get this real funky odar.  Hope it helps because other than that I don't know what to tell you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)