Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Question

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

A friend of mine is 4 months pregnant. She has been extremely warn out, she is swollen really bad, no energy, she acts more like she is 8-9 mths pregnant(with being so tired of being pregnant). She looks like she is about 6-7 months. She went to the doctor today for her monthly check up. She told the doctor about everything & he is doing several test, she didn't know what kind of test, other then glucose. He also told her to basicly keep off of her feet, to relax.The baby seems to be doing good, other then they can not find the heart beat with the doppler but they can see & hear the baby with a ultrasound. Last month they had the same problem with the heartbeat.

Before she got pregant this time, she was extremly tire, I had been trying to get her to go get her harmone levels check/checked for diabetes. She didn't.

My question is what could possibly be going on?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
steph2884
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:32 PM

If she was tired before she got pregnant, she could be anemic.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
crysjuls
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:35 PM

she could be diabetic too.  could be why she's showing like she's farther in her pregnancy...sometimes diabetic women have arger babies>  hope its not that.  good luck.

crysjuls
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:39 PM

i meant larger.  lol sorry

my mom was diabetic when she was preg with my sister.  she came out fine and with no health problems.  your fren just needs to take care of herself.  hope all works out.

Quoting tab9344:

I was thinking diabetic also,

What is a arger baby??

Quoting crysjuls:

she could be diabetic too.  could be why she's showing like she's farther in her pregnancy...sometimes diabetic women have arger babies>  hope its not that.  good luck.

catk78
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:39 PM

She could have pregnancy induced hypertension(don't usually see it til later,but possible), iron anemia, gestational diabetes. Is she taking her prenatal vit.(if not she could have a vitamin defiency). Does she have headaches, swelling after waking up in the morning, blurry vision, excessive heartburn??? What other medical conditions does she have, how were her other pregnancies ifthis isnt her first?

tab9344
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:19 PM

She has headaches in the evening, swelling relly bad over the day, No blurry vision or heartburn. No other medical conditions that she is aware of.

Quoting catk78:

She could have pregnancy induced hypertension(don't usually see it til later,but possible), iron anemia, gestational diabetes. Is she taking her prenatal vit.(if not she could have a vitamin defiency). Does she have headaches, swelling after waking up in the morning, blurry vision, excessive heartburn??? What other medical conditions does she have, how were her other pregnancies ifthis isnt her first?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)