Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just got back from the Dr.'s and my dd was diagonsed with Swine Flu :(

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:47 PM
  • 27 Replies

Allbeit.....I feel a little better after talking to the Doctor...I thought for sure....we could never get it...but as he explains.....She tested positive to "influenza" and 99.9% of "influenza" Is the SwineFlu....Here is the downside...

He Px'd her Tamaflu.....and I had to go to three different pharmacies to get it........Most are out and the Manufactuer is in very,very low supply...Just wanted to keep everyone in the know with this "swine flu".....epidemic!

Follow me to lota Masta Beta, only if you think you can handle it! Tell them Laura's pledge sent you! The #1 CM Sorority...Click it already!      

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missingbelle
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Quoting maciymommieof3:

Allbeit.....I feel a little better after talking to the Doctor...I thought for sure....we could never get it...but as he explains.....She tested positive to "influenza" and 99.9% of "influenza" Is the SwineFlu....Here is the downside...

He Px'd her Tamaflu.....and I had to go to three different pharmacies to get it........Most are out and the Manufactuer is in very,very low supply...Just wanted to keep everyone in the know with this "swine flu".....epidemic!

Hmmmm...I dopnt really believe this part. lol

jmommyj02
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Aww sorry to hear that. But I am curious what are her symptoms?

mommyoftwo103
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:51 PM

I'm sorry to hear that! :( Hope she gets better soon!!

All4you
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:53 PM

They aren't even testing for it here. In fact if you call the doc they just give you tamiflu after you tell them the symptoms. If it makes you feel better my son was 'diagnosed" friday with it and is better now. In fact Friday was the only day he was fever, and not wanting to do anything but sleep. But now he has impentigo so he won't be in school this week. Hope she gets better soon!

Sign by Danasoft - SURPRISE! I found you!
mistyray
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Quoting missingbelle:

Quoting maciymommieof3:

I am with you, I dont beleive that part eather.

kelsbug05
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:56 PM

My friends 2 1/2 year old son was diagnosed with it.. He was only sick for one day and took his medicine and felt better like really quick.. his little baby sister didnt even get it so i dunno lol..

stefvan
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:58 PM

My kids both had it and the Tamiflu had them feeling better quickly.   

maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Here is what to look for:

Fever

Headache

and cough.....

she told me a noon on Sunday that she had a headache and did not feel good, shortly after, she threw up....(1 and only time)...She was tired and eyes glassy..and after her fever lasted for 24 hrs.. I call her ped....and they did a "swab in her nose" tonight and got the results right away.....

Quoting jmommyj02:

Aww sorry to hear that. But I am curious what are her symptoms?

Follow me to lota Masta Beta, only if you think you can handle it! Tell them Laura's pledge sent you! The #1 CM Sorority...Click it already!      

gagegang
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I actually got a parents letter that the school passed out to all students to give thier parents today. It stated the same thing....

Quoting missingbelle:

Quoting maciymommieof3:

missingbelle
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Among the pandemic H1N1 influenza A viruses sequenced, each gene segment had high sequence identity (99.9 percent), suggesting that introduction into humans was either a single event or multiple events of genetically similar viruses. Furthermore, the H1N1 influenza A viruses causing the pandemic were found to be antigenically homogeneous. Phylogenetic analysis has suggested that initial transmission to humans occurred several months before the outbreak was recognized.
Sequence analysis of isolates from the United States and Mexico did not identify molecular features known to confer increased transmissibility or virulence .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)