Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do anyone know if I can change my child teacher in school? Has anyone changed their child teacher?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

My child is in 2ndgrade.   His teacher at first I thought was gonna be a good one (she happen to be my long time friend aunt).   So for a few weeks my son been complaining about how she yells alot and punish him.  She made him walk 5 laps because another student was yelling in the hall.  My son tried to tell her but she won't listen to him( my 3rd grade child was even there with him and noticed it wasn't his brother it was the other student).  Another time i was at the school to eat lunch with his 3rd grade brother.  My 2nd grade son was in the lunch room crying and holding his stomach.  I walked up to him and asked what was wrong he said a student punched him twice in the stomach.  He showed me the boy and he was a big boy.  I then asked the teacher what had happened.  She said my son said a boy punched him in the stomach.  She asked 2 other students that was near them they said the boy only tap him on the stomach(no matter how he still put his handon my son) I think they was scared because  the boy is big and older then them he's repeating 2nd  .   A tap wouldn't make a child cry and hold his stomach.  My son  comes home just about everyday and tells about his teacher yelling and being mean to him.   I tried writing a note to have a meeting with her no response.  Am i able to remove him from the class or will it  be to hard to do?                                         

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rayzensun
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM

i'm sure you can request it...

they might,

i'm really not too sure.... 

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
stefvan
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM

It's next to impossible.  Principals defend their teachers and you will be look at as the problem. 

MsDean
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Bump...mine just started K so I have no clue about school stuff.

Diamonds62009
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:02 PM

When I was in 1st grade I had a teach who yell at us if we forgot when our bday was and I did not like her and I was able to get transferred to another class with a nicer teacher. I am sure you can ask and tell them you want a new teacher for your child 

De_Chick
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:03 PM

You can certainly request it. I would probably continue to try talking with the teacher first though and if you still don't get any results then request that a room change take place.

ajzuell
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:08 PM

That's what I was thinking.  I just want my son to finally come home and say I had a good day at  school and not be stressed out.  He's begging me not to come up to the school and talk to the teacher.  He's says she's gonna write him up and be even meaner to him.  He's so scared.

Quoting stefvan:

It's next to impossible.  Principals defend their teachers and you will be look at as the problem. 

CarterMommy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:14 PM

at the very least you should try and talk to the pricipal about it

when my sister was in i think 4th grade she had a teacher that most people loved but for some reason things were not good with my sister and @ a parent teacher conference she insulted my mom to her face telling her (it's been a long time so i don't remember exactly what it was) basically that she needed to learn how to be a better parent and it was her fault my sister wasn't doing well! ---- yeah really rude and completely untrue considering the fact i was in 6th grade and never had any problems in school!

i dn't remember how it all went but my sister actually ended up going to a different elemenatry school after that... so if you are REALLY having  a problem and the principal won't do anything then i guess there is always that option too...

good luck

Thinking about having one more baby but not sure? Then join us @ ONE more or NO more!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/ONEmoreorNOmore

Godgaveme4
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:15 PM

I am not sure if they will switch his teacher but personally I would e-mail the teacher everyafternoon asking questions about things my son tells me.  And I would cc the vice principal and the principal and if I did not get a response from one of them I would start ccing the superintendant.  I know it sounds like overkill but their bosses need to know what your child is dealing with and it should encourtage them to follow up.

I have done this with one of my kids teachers.  He was accused of cheating and I was getting conflicting stories from all parties.  so i cc the principal on all of my replies.  It was very effective.

ajzuell
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Thanks ladies!  BUMP anyone else?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)