Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever just want to go off on someone?!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

I like my neighbor.  I consider her my friend and our kids are the same age (they're in the apartment above us) and play together all the time.  I really like talking with her but sometimes I would love to just go off on her. 

My husband works out of town 2-3 weeks at a time for work...I see him maybe 1 weekend a month...it's rough, but we deal (that job or no job, so it's dealt with).  However, it leaves us with very little time to spend together.  We haven't had a night alone, just the 2 of us, since our wedding night over a year ago...we also haven't been out together for a date since our anniversary week when my friend showed up and "kicked us out" to have fun...that was in May...the last time before that was November.

So, what does my neighbor say to me the other night?  "Sean (her boyfriend...they live together) and I never get alone time.  You have no idea what it's like!"  Now, I know for a fact that 2 of her sisters take her son overnight at least twice a month...sometimes they take him for a whole weekend.  And his daycare has "parent nights" once a month that they take advantage of ($5/hour babysitting from 7-midnight).  And she's telling ME that I don't know what it's like not to have alone time?  WTF?  That would be like me telling a military wife that she doesn't know what it's like to have her husband gone all the time!

Then she says later in the conversation "I'm so sick of being broke"  to which I responded with "Me, too!" and she replys "I'm serious...I don't even have money for gas".  I had to bite my tongue because that night they ordered pizza for dinner...the night before that was McDonalds...but you don't have money for gas?

Ugh...things like that just grind me the wrong way.  I would never actually say anything to her but it drives me crazy internally.  Please tell me I'm not the only one!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
brpainter
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:04 PM

You are definitely not the only one! Everyday at work I want so badly to go off on obnoxious clients! Oh, and then there is my father in law...sometime he just does things that make my blood boil, but because he is my f-i-l so I can't! I feel bad for my poor hubby who actually has to listen to me go off, because I don't dare go off on any of the actual people I should!

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Oh, yeah, don't get me started on my SIL and MIL...my MIL is getting better but my SIL makes me ill...and my BIL is bad, too...*sigh*...I guess that's why there's CafeMom, right?  LOL

Quoting brpainter:

You are definitely not the only one! Everyday at work I want so badly to go off on obnoxious clients! Oh, and then there is my father in law...sometime he just does things that make my blood boil, but because he is my f-i-l so I can't! I feel bad for my poor hubby who actually has to listen to me go off, because I don't dare go off on any of the actual people I should!

Mrs.Wasson
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Oh yea! Been there with that one before...

mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Yes I totally know what you mean! i have a friend who boo hoos about not having food in the fridge but her and the hubby go to breakfast every weekend,take weekend long trips out of state and go to the movies quite often.I can stand ppl who cry poor and blow all there $$$ on crap!! they need to act like adults and grow up.. 

Lilypie
wicked_tink
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:18 PM
yeah i get that alot with this so called friend of mine.i cant consider her a real friend because she has caused some issues and chooses to hang around drama in her life and trys to involve me in it.now i just limit myself from being around her.we use to hang around and she is my neighbor also.she knows how to push my buttons and trys to make me feel so sorry for her.my husband has helped her out to and she has went two faced on him,im like damn thats gratitude huh?so yeah me and her have had arguements and she just doesnt care about how i feel.she turns on the wrong people and i told her one day you will be needing them people around and you turned then away.
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:22 PM

I know, right?  I will treat myself and my kids to a $5 Little Caesar pizza every few weeks, but that's it!  I know we don't have the money for it, so we don't get it...there are other things that the money can go towards.  Not to mention that my friend/neighbor receives daycare assistance for her son, so she only pays half of what she would pay...I often wonder what would happen if she had to pay all of it...

Quoting mamaslilpunkin:

Yes I totally know what you mean! i have a friend who boo hoos about not having food in the fridge but her and the hubby go to breakfast every weekend,take weekend long trips out of state and go to the movies quite often.I can stand ppl who cry poor and blow all there $$$ on crap!! they need to act like adults and grow up.. 

SweetMama823
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:34 PM

ha ha yes I have a list of ppl I'd like to go off on!!

De_Chick
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Lmfao so many people do this its amazing. ....I just laugh at them or at least try to. No sense in getting too worked up over idiots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)