Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A question about forgiveness

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM
  • 75 Replies

Okay.. A girl I know, Believes in god. She believes he'll forgive her, for commiting adultry.. for stealing another womans husband, for being his mistress.... But she doesn't believe that god will forgive people for lying, hurting someone else, for abortion, murder, having a child out of wedlock, and so on...

I'm not starting this to make a bashing post ( Although I do have a feeling it will ) I just want opinions.. whats everyones take?!?! How do you think, her way of thinking is?!?!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:40 PM

The only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.  Everything else can be forgiven.  If she is "saved" and continues this behavior (adultery) then it begs to question if she's truly saved to begin with.  If she were, she wouldn't want to continue with the behavior out of respect for the God she loves and believes in.

bean06162004
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:41 PM

She's trying to justify things she is doing in her life, saying "God will forgive me if I do this"..she needs to get educated or else shut her mouth because it just sounds ignorant.

Amom4BabyDude
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Wrong is wrong...unless she didn't know the man was married...and even then, she is obviously having sex outside of wedlock which means possibly a baby out of wedlock, oh and she is hurting someone, lying by omission, etc.  Basically her thought patterns aren't quite connecting.

YesNoMaybe
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Sounds like her religion beliefs are strictly based on what's good for her.  LOL

Kimmy032802
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:44 PM

And she is the main reason many of us refuse to take part in Christianity and other organized religeons.  I can't stand hipocrits, although sometimes it's rather entertaining to watch people in glass houses throw stones.....

AAsmommy0509
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Quoting Amom4BabyDude:

Wrong is wrong...unless she didn't know the man was married...and even then, she is obviously having sex outside of wedlock which means possibly a baby out of wedlock, oh and she is hurting someone, lying by omission, etc.  Basically her thought patterns aren't quite connecting.

No, she knew he was married, she lived with them for about a month, the wife ( my good friend ) cooked for her kids and watched them, when the "girl" finally got a job and got on her feet.

Vera_Faith
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:45 PM

YUP

Quoting YesNoMaybe:

Sounds like her religion beliefs are strictly based on what's good for her.  LOL

bluelola
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:48 PM
I agree with the pp. This girl can do whatever she wants because she believes god will forgive her. She needs to believe that to continue what she is doing. She might even know it is not right, but she will justify it so she can keep doing it..... yikes!
mellissacook
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:51 PM

I agree with this.

Quoting jillbailey26:

The only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.  Everything else can be forgiven.  If she is "saved" and continues this behavior (adultery) then it begs to question if she's truly saved to begin with.  If she were, she wouldn't want to continue with the behavior out of respect for the God she loves and believes in.

jendramis
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:56 PM

I believe that yes god does forgive but just like any good parent it does not mean that there will not be consequences to your actions

jennifer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)