Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He made a sad face on his pumpkin.

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:49 PM
  • 12 Replies

I took my 2 year old today to get a pumpkin. He was so excited & I let him draw a design on it. He's 29 months so I figured it would just be some scribbles, but still its HIS art work. I told him after he colors it we are going to leave it outside so all the neighbors can see. Anyway. He's sitting at the table drawing on it & I'm in the kitchen cooking. I come over to look at it & he drew a sad face!! I asked him why he was sad & he said "Its cold outside." I couldnt believe he actually made a face, let alone a sad face. Usually his art work is just a lot of scribbles.

air force      happy       toddler boy

Glenn                  Ashley                   Elijah

We love our Airman!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raegansmom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:51 PM

For 2-he does very well.  You should be proud of him.  Not just for the drawing but for thinking about how the pumpkin feels!

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Aw!  That's so sweet!  And I love his reasoning, LOL!  If I were a pumpkin and had to sit out in the cold, I'd be sad, too :)

ElijahsMommy58
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Quoting raegansmom:

For 2-he does very well.  You should be proud of him.  Not just for the drawing but for thinking about how the pumpkin feels!

haha Yeah I was like WOW!!! I am very proud of him. :) He really does take into consideration other people's feelings. He told me once he doesnt bite his "fends" (friends) cause "dat gibs owies!" lol

air force      happy       toddler boy

Glenn                  Ashley                   Elijah

We love our Airman!

pammy32953
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Quoting beadingmom17:

Aw!  That's so sweet!  And I love his reasoning, LOL!  If I were a pumpkin and had to sit out in the cold, I'd be sad, too :)

mrsjedwards
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:57 PM

he did a great job! poor pumpkin, it is cold :( how cute! 

De_Chick
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Awww..thats precious! Love his pumpkin and glad you got pics of it.

LavenderMom23
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Quoting beadingmom17:

SunnyJoJo
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Oh thats so cute! He did a good job and I love his reason for the sad face!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

ElizaDaniels
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Quoting raegansmom:

That is so true!!  When I first read the OP I thought "he is sad because it is cold, must be he can't play today," but this reply pointed out he was not thinking about playing outside himself, but how the pumpkin would feel for being left outside in the cold.  This is too sweet!! That is a sensitive caring boy you have there Mama!!

Hayliesmom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM

That sounds like really good reasoning to me!!! 

I think happy faces are harder for little ones to make then sad faces.  My daughter used to always put sad faces on EVERYTHING until I figured out that she couldn't figure out how to make the happy face...  I sat down with her a few times here and there and worked with helping her draw happy faces and now, I have happy faces everywhere with a few sad thrown in....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)