Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little help please :)

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:06 PM
  • 3 Replies

I just had my little boy on the 7th and I have already pumped some milk for tomorrow while I will be at school for about 2 hours. I froze it and I am wondering how long it take to thaw or how do you thaw it out, and how long will it last in the fridge after thawing? My husbands grandmother will be watching him and I want to have the milk thawed out before taking him. Any suggestions or tips. BTw for those wondering I will be feding him right before I take him as well :)

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
smarshy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Sweetie you are back in class after 5 days?

Holy freaking cow.

Your DH's grandmother should thaw it out under hot tap water for couple of minutes until it is warm.

It can last up to...an hour? thawed out after frozen.

I think freshly pumped milk can be in the fridge for 24 hrs, not frozen, and like 8 hours at room temp.

Kikesama
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Yea its tough especially since I had a csec. but I feel fine and I don't want to get too far behind. I am only taking 2. Thankyou for the info on thawing! :)

Fit_Momma_Of_2
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Quoting smarshy:

Sweetie you are back in class after 5 days?

Holy freaking cow.

Your DH's grandmother should thaw it out under hot tap water for couple of minutes until it is warm.

It can last up to...an hour? thawed out after frozen.

I think freshly pumped milk can be in the fridge for 24 hrs, not frozen, and like 8 hours at room tem
p.

That :) Becareful to not get your stiches open girlie, and good luck!!!

106.jpg picture by issak2007

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)