Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?? About a carseat pic on facebook, EDIT

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM
  • 190 Replies

Someone on FB uploaded new pics.  One is of her son in his carseat.  He's definately not strapped in safely and it's bothering me.  I made the face for privacy.  It looks like the car is en route.  I know her from highschool but don't talk to her or see her IRL.  I'm thinking about sending a pm to her about this pic.  Should I?  If I do, I want to word it right.  Any suggestions?? 

Edit:  I removed the pic, enough people saw it, gave me advice, and I contacted her in a nice, around the bush way.  She just replied to me and was very nice!  She said they were driving, but were stuck in traffic, and that he takes off his clip in the car.  She gave me some good info about the amusement park they went to, and we'll most likely go soon!  So, it still should have been more snug even in traffic, imo.  If she did not realize it was unsafe, now she does and our friendship is unharmed.  i feel better now!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElijahsMommy58
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Watch out before you get bashed for stealing someone's picture. I did that before & got bashed to hell & back. I'd confront the person..but make sure its in a private message, not a comment. I was in the same situation.. a friend from HS had a picture of her almost 2 year old in her car seat, in the FRONT seat, and only one strap buckled.

air force      happy       toddler boy

Glenn                  Ashley                   Elijah

We love our Airman!

smarshy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:19 PM

That is kind of tough..

I would say something like...

"He/she is so cute! My LO always tries to pull down the chest clip on his seat too, but I took him in to the firestation to get him checked and they adjusted it so that he can't do that anymore... "

Or something. I don't know, but I would want to say something.

RheaF
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:19 PM

What are you looking to say? He may have just moved the middle thingy down. DD (who is 4) does this all the time. I cant keep my hand on it the whole time. And if I put it tight enough so she cant move it, well then she cant move or even breath.  Have you actually seen him in the seat, like in real life?

PreciousHead
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:23 PM

I would say something. I'd just say something like "i noticed your son wasnt buckled in correctly, i didnt know if you noticed but i just wanted to mention it because i didnt want him to get hurt."  You can word it how you want but this is just a general idea. Hopefully u get great ideas from other moms.

Try to come off caring and concerned. Some people get offended easily and think the whole world is trying to call them a bad parent.  

Precious Head
Work at Home United

Independent Marketing Executive

Tams_jade
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:23 PM

I wouldn't say anything, she'll probably just get offended.

rachana
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Just say, "Awe, he's too cute! He must've been messing with his carseat straps huh? My kids do it too, it's a pain in the butt to get it right. I always try make sure it's tighten correctly and the chest plate is on right but those darn kids...they always manage to pull them down or something." *hint hint*

COMING SOON!

pregnancy calendar

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Considering you dont know for sure the car is moving and this is a regularly thing why would u say anything at all?

Because i love my little girl  Because yes i am Bipolar

Trisomy 18 Has affected my life For my aunt

For my grampa (lung cancer) For my papa (liver cancer)

Pink and Blue because infants deserve to be remembered too

WHAT COLORS ARE IN YOUR LIFE?

mrsmilfy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Quoting Tams_jade:

I wouldn't say anything, she'll probably just get offended.

Yeah. No matter how nice or concerned you may come off...some people will be offended regardless, because no one wants to be told they are doing something wrong, especially when it comes to their child(ren)

Mommy to Ciara, Jamie, and a little girl on the way!

mommy2zach
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Mind your own business. You don't know anything more than what the picture is telling you..and quite obviously that isn't a whole lot!

usmcvalle
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:27 PM

No matter how you put it, she is going to get offended. I wouldn't say anything, It would highly piss me off if someone tried to correct me on my parenting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)