Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow..another one

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I was searching through the "answers" section on here and I came across this post. (Sorry to the original poster, Im not judging you, Im just trying to get the word out and possibly get you more advice!)

Well its about suicide and Ive noticed that a lot of people on here have been feeling down lately. I hope this fellow cafemom'er gets the help and relief she needs!

Here is the post..

So I know this might sound bad, but I have been so stressed out lately (just about life in general) and I have been pretty moody. Well today my DS who is 2 years old, started pushing all those wrong buttons and I got so upset/mad that I felt anxiety just coming over my body! I also felt the need to kill myself. (I didn't try so don't worry) But I felt so stressed out and upset that I just wanted to run away or die.
What can I do to "calm" myself down during those times?

bump

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomTo2Boys2526
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:03 AM

bump

saylorsmomma
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Wow, poor momma:(

manderjane
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Maybe she's got a little PPD?  I'd tell her to call her doctor.  It doesn't mean she's crazy; just that she's got entirely too much on her plate!  :(

Poor thing. 

When I'm feeling frantic, I like to take a walk by myself around outside.  I pick up pinecones, kick the dirt around on the road...  It sounds juvenile, but it really helps me to get my mind right.

I also like to shop, but it's not very economical.  LOL! 

MomTo2Boys2526
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:18 AM

I agree with your last part! Except on CM there is a lot of extra un-needed drama and that probably doesn't help either

Quoting ChaoticX4:

Ya know, i hate to admit it but i have moments like this too. I get so stressed out and feel like my world is closing in on me. I will get in a deep depression. And lately i have noticed it  is close to the time of my period or during the time. I dont know if that has anything to do with it but i snap myself out of it by thinking of my kids.

I think its more common then we think. Some people just get to the point where they need to talk about their thoughts. CM is an easy place to do that since nobody realy knows you. 

StefStef12
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:20 AM

This person obviously wants attention, do something and someone might care.eye rolling

StefStef12
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Why post online when you can call the doctor? Or go to the E.R.? So stupid.

Quoting ChaoticX4:

I think it would take less effort out of everyone to give a few kind words to someone like that then to bash them and tell them they just want attention.

Quoting StefStef12:

This person obviously wants attention, do something and someone might care.eye rolling

jella31
by Angela on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:38 AM

eye rolling

Quoting StefStef12:

Quoting ChaoticX4:

I think it would take less effort out of everyone to give a few kind words to someone like that then to bash them and tell them they just want attention.

Quoting StefStef12:

hholllyy426
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:55 AM

There are times I feel like this but not enough to be diagnosed with a disorder or prescribed medicine. I agree with ChaoticX4, I've been afraid to post for advice on a lot of things because it seems that every post has to have some sort of drama. Why do people feel the need to start drama? Why can't people just have compasion for all human kind?

What I do when I feel extremely stressed is I take deep breaths and try to think of the positives in my life(not very many at the moment) or if I am able to I go for a drive through the mountains or just around town. My son has special needs, my husband works graveyard plus goest to school so he isn't around much, and I go to school full time as well. Enough to stress anyone out.

Quoting ChaoticX4:

Uh DUH!! Because who wants to be admitted??

Some people just have the thoughts. They are depressed. Need support and kind words. They don't want to be admitted. They just need someone to tell them everything will be ok. !

Quoting StefStef12:

Quoting ChaoticX4:

Quoting StefStef12:

AMom29
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 9:28 AM

I've been feeling the same way, lately.  I almost wrote a post about it.  I don't have many IRL to talk to, so I thought I would turn here.  Just because you feel that way doesn't mean that you need to rush to the ER.  You just want someone to care.

I hope you never feel that way. 

a wedding website

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

TheresaY
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 11:30 AM

the chemicals in your brain might be out of whack...it happened to me.  I was put on paxil for a while and believe me it helped...there might be natural ways to balance those chemicals but I don;t know what they are.  Please go see your doctor and don't be ashamed to express ecerything you have been feeling...if you don't express everything the doctor won't know exactly how to help you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)