Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Chore Chart for Husband.

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 7:01 PM
  • 10 Replies

Catchy title, huh?

I don't think I'll actually do this because I know it would be demeaning and he'd hate me for it...BUT I really want to.  What do you think?  Has the thought ever crossed your mind?

I'm just so tired of the same old stuff.  Let's pick up the laundry he left right next to the hamper.  Let's mop the floor everyday because he cannot help pick up after the kids---better yet himself.  Let's pick up the mess he left next to the computer.  Let's pick up the towel he left right by the tub.  It's the same old stuff and I've talked to him about it SO many times---and I've even tried dropping it so I wouldn't be nagging. 

Besides creating a chore chart, has anyone found a way to help a husband who doesn't help?  Is there a solution to this problem?

If I take a day 'off' from cleaning this house goes to complete crap.  I feel like I'm deep cleaning everything, everyday because he just doesn't help.  If I did create a chore chart---I'd make sure he had some pretty rewards.  ; )  LOL! 

by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2009 at 7:04 PM

I thought about making one for whole family including myself ..  Each person would be responsible for something every day.  If we all get stickers then we can do something fun like a walk in a nearby forest.

ryleesmommy2009
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2009 at 7:06 PM

lol my husband is the same way EXACTLY and i've done something like a chore chart with rewards haha lil dif i guess but soo worked i would def do it lol

I_love_my_girls
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 7:06 PM

I see nothing wrong with this idea if he doesn't help you.

Why don't you try to make him realize how hard it is for you, on a daily basis, to be deep cleaning. Let your chores pile up so that when he gets home, he'll pitch in or have a long talk with him.

My husband is really helpful with me because I also go to school aside from working from home. He's become a very thoughtful & mindful individual when it comes to the home because he finally realized how tough it is to have to take care of children, while also cleaning the home.

Good luck, mama. 

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.  Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing?  Then whence cometh evil?  Is he neither able nor willing?  Then why call him God?"    - Epicurus

Swtmama62205
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 7:06 PM

In my house i clean the kitchen and he cleans the living room.  And i refuse to clean the living room if he doesnt do it.  I just let it get a disaster and then he has no choice lol.  Assign a room for each of you to do....

SAHM to two little boys Noah 4 and Andrew 2 And a loving wife to Ryan=)

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
aubrees_mommie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Ours in on the fridge right now we have an equal amount

vatofamily
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 7:15 PM

To the women who actually did this, how did your husbands react?  My husband firmly believes that it is my 'job' to do everything.  He believes that he goes to work and that's it.  I agree that he shouldn't come home to a pig sty [he never does] BUT during those four hours he is home, the house goes to poop.  Just imagine the weekends.  I'm just tired of doing everything.  I'm tired of having complete responsibility for the messes our kids make.  I just wished we lived in perfectly clean harmony.  Haha!

MrsTabangcura
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 7:29 PM

My DH wants to make one for me....lol. He does all the chores, cooking, diapers and baths. I do homework and playtime!!!!

BabieBerrie
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 7:46 PM

we had one, when we first had my youngest and DH had his brothers live with us, I was so fed up with cleaning up after everyone that we sat down and go over some ground rules for the house and we decided to split up the chores, once I wrote down everything that had to be done they were like "man.. you do ALL that every day?" and its like DUH! no dishes wash themselves and the laundry fairy visits while you are sleeping..  I was amazed to hear them say that they didnt know you had to clean a shower, "because u go there to get clean".. ummm NO! WTF are you serious?? some men are just clueless. needless to say I made lists for everyone.. didn't last, no one did anything (except me) I didn't expect everyone to follow a "list" it was more to make a point that I have to come home and do everything plus cook and take care of my kids. Once I even tried hiding the clean forks so they had no choice but to wash dishes.. didn't work, and I got DH to do laundry by "accidently" not washing any of his undies, after he ran out he had no choice. When you have 2 kids, a full time job, DH and 2 roommates to pick up after its a little much I was sooooo  happy when they moved out.  Now DH doesn't really do anything,.. but at least he tries to pick up after himself and he understands how much work it is, and if I ask him for help he will but now I am a SAHM so I have more time to get things done and its not a big deal but he know's what needs to be done now, so if he sees I didnt get to it he will do it for me.. sometimes lol

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2009 at 4:20 AM

I dont care what other women say, but I work too plus i take care of the baby all day and work at night, so I CANNOT and WILL NOT do everything myself whether it is a woman's duty or demeaning or immasculating!  We have a dry-erase board and he gets at least 2 things to do EVERY day--whether it is putting out the trash or emptying the dishwasher and we take turns cooking dinner.  I handle everything else, including the bills, so the least he can do is the the TWO things that I ask!

ColieO
by I Rock on Oct. 21, 2009 at 4:21 AM

My husband writes me out a chore list. But I asked him to because I seriously forget things that need to be done. I don't think its demeaning. It reminds me and keeps me a little more organized.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)