Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mirena recall???UPDATE!

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 1:29 AM
  • 9 Replies

I have a friend who is swearing mirena is on recall..does anyone know if thats true? Cuz I plan on getting it after I have this baby. When I go to the doctor on Friday I plan on asking my midwife but I was wondering if any of you ladies knew anything before I went there? lol I googled it and couldn't find anything on a recall just a few lawsuits (which you will have for everything).

Mirena is not on a recall that my midwife is aware of. It actually just got approved by the FDA to reduce heavy periods or something like that! So I now know what I am getting for b.c. after my son is born!

pregnant

baby

by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AlyssaRob1416
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 1:31 AM

not that I have heard.

LovesAsoldier
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 1:32 AM

bump I wanna know

caseyskitten
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2009 at 1:32 AM

my friend has been thinking about getting this.... bump for later

insomniacmom266
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 1:33 AM

ive only seen plum organic baby food being recalled

Christina

Wish i was to dead to cry my self affliction fades stones th throw at my creator massochist to which i cater

mistyray
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 1:39 AM

Please update us after you apt. (that i what I am using and love it so I hope it is not)

crazyangel_52
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 1:50 AM

i have one in right now.i've had it since april 29th and so far so good.i would really like to find out.

X_Trixxxie_X
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 1:54 AM

I haven't heard anything about Mirena... but I can tell you from experience that Paraguard is known to fail... just ask my daughter.... I had to have my IUD removed at 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant with her.... BIG SURPRISE FOR US!

16034.gif picture by trixtalnenetz
lbdm2002
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 1:55 AM

I doubt it's been recalled:

FDA Approves Additional Use for IUD Mirena to Treat Heavy Menstrual Bleeding in IUD Users

by FDA on October 1, 2009

in FDA Alerts

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Mirena (levonorgestrel intrauterine system) to treat heavy menstrual bleeding in women who use intrauterine contraception as their method of pregnancy prevention. This is the first intrauterine device approved by the FDA for this additional indication.

stacyemmy
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2009 at 12:53 PM

UPDATE I ASKED MY MIDWIFE!

pregnant

baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)