Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

going away to bootcamp party....gift

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 7:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

so my mother was telling me she is going to a going away to bootcamp party for someone (hes going navy) and she was wondering what to get him (she didnt want to go to the party empty handed). i have no idea. i said a picture frame that he could have on his desk but we dont even know his mos and if he didnt get through bootcamp that he could always use it at home. any ideas on gifts?

by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommy2alissa
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 7:35 PM

bump 

anikahaynes1
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Honestly I wouldn't bring anything to a going away to bootcamp party and save it til he is ready to go to his duty station. you can't really take much of anything to bootcamp, and they will confinscate(sp) things you aren't allowed to have. I think any gift would be better once finished with bootcamp, however if you really want to get him something, maybe some supplies like shaving cream (they have to shave pretty much every day) shampoo, etc...

LizzieBabcock
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 7:38 PM

I don't think you are really supposed to bring gifts but I guess if she feels the need to a good gift would be something like a pocket photo book.

mommybug77
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 7:40 PM

address book, stamps, paper, pens, envelopes.

SoldierMom86
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Stationary and a pen??  At Army bootcamp we really couldn't have anything that wasn't on the packing list...we were allowed the one bag that we brough our civilian clothes in (it got locked up when we got there, but in the next couple of years they came in really handy).  So a big gym bag is always helpful. 

-Ashley, Soldier/Army Wife/Mother to one Amazing little boy, Azriel (Survivor of Gastroschisis, SBS, and a triple organ transplant)

toddler boy

CAarmywife
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 7:53 PM

it doesnt have to be taken with him its more of a he could use it later on when he gets back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)