Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Getting pregnant after husband got fixed

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 1:11 PM
  • 37 Replies

Hi mommas,

I was just courious if any of you have heard of a woman getting pregnant after her husband got fixed?  my husband had it done about 2 years ago,but never went back to get checked.  I am just looking for stories from people who got pregnant after.  Thanks ladies. 

Amber, mommy to Aiden 5 and Branden 3
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MattsLilly
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I have heard of it happening its rare but sometimes it does

mommyajay
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2009 at 1:12 PM

hmm.  i suppose maybe it could happen???????

bump

SahMa
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 1:14 PM

IT CAN DEFINATELY HAPPEN!!! HAPPENED TO ME. I WAITED 3 MONTHS B4 GOING TO THE DR. I THOUGH SOMETING WAS SERIOUSLY WRONG W/ME CUZ I COULDN'T BE PREGGO...RIGHT? WELL, DR CALLED ME BACK AND GUESS WHAT....

YUP. NOW WE'VE GOT A BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY 

momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Oct. 24, 2009 at 1:14 PM

someone my dh used to work with got his stuff fixed well about 3 yrs later they had another baby.. SO yep it can happen..

abenirichelle

i have heard of it happening...the guy thought his wife cheated on him.   lol

along with a woman getting her tubes tied...it's not 100%

isra1986

When I was in middle school, my friends parents divorced because of this, lol.
He was fixed, momma was pregnant. He got mad, left, got a DNA test after the baby was born, it was his!

Suz_and_Ash
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2009 at 1:15 PM

I had a friend in school who got the big V done.  A year later he was still having to give samples because there were still little swimmers in his spunk.

laurenliz1981
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 1:15 PM

A friend of my sister never went back for his 6 month "sperm check" as he calls it, and apparently that would have determined that he was still fertile, but he didnt know & about a year after the surgery, his wife was pregnant.  So I guess there is hope :)

kelbel619
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 1:16 PM

A friend of mine got pregnant after her hubby got fixed - he too never went back to get checked!  She did end up with a sweet baby girl after having 4 boys though.  :)

prego7386
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 1:17 PM

my husband just had his fixed and the doc straight up told him "the human body is made to make babies and it can re-heal itself so after you get the 6 weeks check you are going to need to come back every year" so yeah its totally possible

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)